Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Comodo, VPN, port forwarding?

by Guest on 2016/01/15 10:30:02 PM    
Hi,

I hope someone with more knowledge can clear things up for me:

On the official Comodo website there's a guide on what rules to set for portforwarding for Torrent-Applications.
However: Do I need to adjust these when I'm connecting via VPN?
Could open ports, "improperly" set, route the traffic through the standard ISP connection without the VPN-tunnel?

Is port forwarding even necessary?
When Comodo asks along the lines of "Tixati wants to allow an external computer to establish a connection to your PC (incoming)", should one allow that or what are the risks?
Tixati does work, but the speeds are very slow and don't seem to resemble the torrent's good seed/peer ratio.
by Mrbytes on 2016/01/16 06:21:36 PM    
If you are running Comodo a VPN client on a PC/mac/linux machine, you do NOT open ports on your router.  a big security risk if you do, but if are using your router as a VPN client, then you do forward ports there.

Regards
by Guest on 2016/01/16 10:28:29 PM    
But with non-forwarded ports, doesn't tixati get choked?
Can you explain in layman's terms why the forwarding would be a security risk?

More important: I am getting quite low speeds in Tixati. I'm not an avid user and don't know much. Is there a torrent I can use to test speed, which guarantees that it goes as fast as possible so when it's loading slow I know that my configuration/network is the problem?

Does my low speed even imply a problem?
Loading with ~900K/500K
seeds 35(87)
peers 3(9)

I just remember that in past times my speeds were better with a slower connection. Today I am using a 100 fibre connection.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server