Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

torrent is not valid bencoding error?

by Guest on 2013/10/05 01:27:39 AM    
I've been making torrents with no problem, but today I made on and tried to upload it and people are getting "filename.torrent is not a valid bencoding!"  What's going on?  I have not changed any settings or used a different tracker.  Thanks
by nnq2603 on 2013/10/12 04:50:29 PM    
Usually, the problem occurs when user failed to download a complete *.torrent file from tracker. Solution is that user download it again.

But sometime, it's actually error in tracker side (which I see that myself in our local private tracker). In some days, a lot of members reports "not valid bencoding" type error. And solution rely on tracker staff. They should be able fix that as soon as they know.

But if it's not tracker fault, neither downloading fault from users. Then that's your creating process has something wrong. Try to remove the torrent from tracker which you public/upload, then recreat it + upload there again. See if it's still occur.
by Guest on 2013/10/17 08:04:32 PM    
thanks, i will let you know
by Guest on 2016/09/12 04:07:17 AM    
As long as you have a functioning Windows environment (and WINE) has a program called Bencoded File Editor. It is on google. and backed up in the internet archive.
You can see if the torrent is valid with this. As well as modify it to your needs. NOTE: It doesn't do everything for you. You need to read on its features, and accept consequences. Make a backup of a few files you KNOW will be replaceable.
I only mention this due to some users wanting to seed a "pure" version of a transfer.. without all those extra files. You will need to download the data once, then you can create a new torrent to your liking.
by kaushalmalkan11 on 2017/11/13 02:35:11 AM    
There is a chance that you have downloaded corrupted torrent file. That means torrent website may have corrupted file itself. Just try to download t same file from another torrent website. It may work.

There are also other methods like Using VPN, or magnetic link. But you should read more about it before implementing it.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server