Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Feature Request] Select smallest unit

by Guest on 2015/12/27 02:05:54 AM    
I love tixati but there is one UI issue that drives me crazy and that is that the smallest unit that will be shown is bytes per second. Coming from qbittorrent or utorrent and I think even deluge; the smallest unit that will be shown is kilobytes per second. Seeing bytes per second has been really jarring as I'll see 456 and wonder why the torrent is taking a long time only to realize that its showing in B/s. I'd much rather see .456 KB/s or even .0456 MB/s. Users can already customize the largest unit and by adding customization for the smallest unit anyone happy with the current system won't have to do anything and anyone unhappy will be able to customize it to their liking.  

Seems like a really minor change, something I could have easily done my self if you guys had public repository and accepted pull requests but alas I am limited to asking for it to be implemented rather then doing it my self.
by Guest on 2016/04/12 10:26:37 AM    
I would also like to see this feature, it is very annoying to see large numbers for download- and upload-speed even though the speed is slow. The reason why it is annoying is because no other software I know of displays B/s, the smallest unit is usually KB/s, hence our brains are only used to see either kB/s or MB/s for speeds and tixati is the exception.
by Guest on 2016/04/13 10:24:21 PM    
I'd agree with this, as at first it did bother me to see torrents showing bytes from a choke or something and not downloading a thing. This is not a priority though and I've find my own "work around" by setting the largest unit to "1" and periods as separators under output formatting, that way you got bytes, kilos, megas, gigas, teras.. from right to left. With time you get used to this and it's no longer an "issue".
by Guest on 2016/05/22 08:04:21 AM    
Maybe this feature is a placebo that makes you think your download is very fast.
Also, it eliminates the need to argue about that 1000-or-1024 thing.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server