Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Requests about sequential downloading

by Guest on 2015/12/24 01:08:10 AM    
I really love Tixati and have been using it for a somewhat long time. It really is the best whats out there. But it can always be better.

When downloading eg. a season of some show in a batch, it would be cool to be able to download the whole thing fully sequential. Currently I need to play around with priorities and stuff and it takes a lot of clicks and time. It would be nice to set things in order much faster. This has been requested before at least here http://forum.tixati.com/support/1737/  . I know multiple clients allow this, even my android's Flud is capable of this. This should be a feature.

I also have noticed a minor annoyance/bottleneck with sequential. Even with fast and well seeded files, slow seeders will cause pieces to be left behind and cause all sorts of problems with the playback. Here's a pic: http://i.imgur.com/p6tZux5.png  (it gets far worse with bigger pieces and files). I frequently find myself manually ignoring the slow seeds. And then more slow seeds connect. And my player glitches out again. It shouldn't be too hard to "optimize" the streaming feature, you could just ignore the slow peers or make them send pieces at the end of the file.

Also, what's the exact difference between on and aggressive options with sequential?

Thanks!
by Guest on 2016/02/12 11:59:30 PM    
"Files within a transfer can be prioritized in a numbered order. Select multiple files, right-click, and then select "Ordered" from the Priority sub-menu to use this new feature."

Well you surprised me, devs. Thank you.
by Pete on 2016/02/13 11:57:59 AM    
You have got to use the latest Tixati v2.32-a4 (Alpha-4) for the feature described above by Guest.
by Pete on 2016/02/13 12:59:08 PM    
Disregard my previous post, v2.33 is available, I should refresh the download page more often ;)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server