Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Existing Transfer Name Bug/Ancmnt Box skipped

by Guest on 2015/12/21 01:25:32 PM    
Existing Transfer Name Bug / Announcement Window new torrents more often being skipped.

After renaming a folder title, when it pops up to warn you of an existing folder with that name and asks for approval.

However if one folder that has not been changed which started downloading without a window to make prior changes, and a new folder has been renamed, Then when I go back to the the original not renamed folder and try to rename to the other name, I don't get the Existing name warning, I can no longer rename to the name I want.

Thank for into as these very frustrating problems
by cvbn on 2016/01/03 02:28:09 AM    
Tixati does not fully support merging multiple multi-file transfers into the same local folder because there become other problems splitting the folder when the one of the previously-merged transfers is renamed again.

To support this safely, they would have to make it so a simple folder renaming operation is actually a file-by-file move operation, from one folder to another, and then delete the old folder if it's empty.  This would take much longer, especially if a torrent has thousands of files.  So there is unfortunate compromise between the two choices in implementation.

The GOOD NEWS is that you can do a simple work-around to get what you want.  Change the location to a temporary place first, then rename, then change it back.  It will merge the folders.  But you must be very careful to do the same thing if you want to un-merge.  Don't use the rename option on merged folders, it will rename the folder without splitting the files correctly.
by Guest on 2016/01/12 12:27:18 AM    
Thank you for your response.  I will try this.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server