Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati Private Tracker issues

by Guest on 2015/12/14 03:35:53 PM    
Hello Tixati Developers. This issue is not about Tixati being blacklisted. This is about an issue that has recently (I am unaware of the exact release that it started happening in, but I can find out if it'll help) with a private tracker that I use.

The issue is this; in the Trackers Tab, I receive an error with the Status of : HTTP responded with code 0

On trackers that don't have the client whitelisted, I receive the Status of : Tracker failed with reason: use of this client is not allowed on our tracker.

The HTTP responded with code 0 tracker status error is from a private torrent tracker. If I go back to 2.16, this issue stops, as such, it's also the latest version of Tixati that is allowed on their whitelist.

I was wondering if there was anyone to remedy the situation? It would be amazing if you guys could devote some time on fixing this issue, because as far as I'm aware, it's the only thing preventing the best torrenting client on their whitelist.

Note: I put in a little effort, the error HTTP Responded with code 0 occurs from 2.18 onward, 2.16 is unaffected.

(note from mod: forwarded the name of the tracker to the developer)
by Guest on 2015/12/15 03:58:08 AM    
i think the easiest way to fix this is to ask the private tracker operator to adjust the whitelist so the latest version 2.28 is covered

tixati has released many many updates in the past 3 months, so the tracker op probably just fell behind in keeping his list up to date

the other thing you can do is adjust your tracker headers or peer id, there are ways to do this in tixati.  if you search the forum for stuff like "peer id" or "custom header" you can probably find the instructions... but it probably not worth the time and much easier to just email the tracker op

good luck man
by Guest on 2015/12/15 04:56:46 AM    
I'm not sure that's the issue here. If the issue was that 2.28 wasn't covered in the whitelist, I would get a different error, instead I get the error of HTTP responded with code 0, not this client isn't allowed on our tracker.

I was told that unless Tixati can somehow figure out what the issue is that causes the "HTTP Responded with code 0" error and am the error changes into this client isn't allowed on our whitelist, none of the newer versions of Tixati would be allowed on the whitelist; which is a huge shame and is awful. I hope that the Tixati developers themselves might have a clue as to what is causing the HTTP error, since it seems to be related to the big changes after 2.16.
by Pete on 2015/12/15 10:20:02 PM    
If I were you, I'd modify the tracker announcement header changing version number from 2.28 to 2.16, in order to be sure if the issue is the new version. To do so add :header:%0D%0AUser-Agent: Tixati/2.16:peerid:TIX0216-e7d0c2f5d0i4 at the end of tracker URL. You can also try the other way: use v2.16 with header and peerid from 2.28.

It may be helpful to send the devs (support@tixati.com) logs with detailed tracker messages (Settings > Event Logging > under Transfers tick "Log detailed tracker messages"). I'd try it with 2.16 and 2.28 and send both logs.
by KH on 2015/12/16 01:55:02 AM    
Yes there's a minor issue with the tracker status when some errors get hit.  We'll get this one fixed up for v2.29, which should be out pretty soon.
by Guest on 2015/12/16 05:21:25 AM    
Hmm, so should I try modifying the tracker header or just wait on 2.29 and then reply back here if it fixed the issue?

For now, I can wait; I'd be a little wary if modifying the tracker header could be some sort of banning offense or something =(.
by Guest on 2015/12/19 03:07:38 AM    
Yay, it's fixed, good job developers! Thanks for fixing the issue, now maybe we can get this client and specific version whitelisted! =)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server