Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Unusual file output

by Tinus on 2013/09/30 05:05:31 PM    
Hi All,

Have been using Tixi ( as we call it here ) for over 3 years, I have an interesting question. In the last couple of days i have this funny DAT files sitting in my download folder ( Im on the latest version & Win7) , never had it before, and cant seem to find a google'able answer for it, have any of you seen something similar ?. There are currently 888 of them in my folder.. changes daily, I delete, then tomorrow they're back with a vengeance ( always a bit more, started at 700.. lol. Im fairly technical so checked all the usual suspects ( virus software, windows updates, malware buggers etc.. )... Any suggestions ? ----The file name's are as follows-

"dnd_file_crust_SomeNumbersAndSuch.dat"

The log does not show any thing funny either
by Pete on 2013/10/03 07:11:56 PM    
I think these files are incomplete pieces. They are created when you download a torrent partially. I haven't seen any in download folder, by default they are stored (on Windows) inside %appdata%\tixati\incomplete-pieces folder. You can change this location using Options > Local Files page. Maybe you did, this would explain why they are present in the download folder. Each of these files' names contains infohash value, so you can find a torrent it belongs to.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server