Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Difficulties in understanding / customizing settings

by Seraiel on 2015/12/07 08:27:59 PM    
Hi :) .

I only use Tixati for about one day, and I found no information on this: Normally, I'm used that clients have things like a "global connection limit" . I have a 25/5 Mbit connection, and calculated that 850 total connections + 250 max for a torrent would be perfect, and set the maximum number of upload slots to 80 with the maximum number used for one torrent to 20, and the queue to max. 50 simultanious Downloads and max. 10 simultanious Uploads. In the clients I used before, this lead to all of my 2000 torrents reporting to the tracker, the site which's torrents I share also reports that I seed 1.5k torrents and download 500, but from those 1500 torrents I seed, only a maximum of 10 would be active simultaniously, leaving a good speed for all of them. Also, only 50 Downloads would be active simultaniously, leaving them aswell with a decent speed.

Now with Tixati, the only things I find are "Download & Upload Slots" and "maximum connections / torrent" . I don't know how to configure those settings, that's why I left them on automatic at first. This lead to about 100 Downloads being active and 0 (!) seeds! Then I set manual values of 480 and 95, thinking these were the connetion limits, but then, 480 downloads were active simultaniously at crappy speeds, as were 95 uploads. So my guess is, to set them at 50 / 10 again for the 50 active downloads and 10 uploads, but during all that time, the site which's torrents I share, reports crappy values to me, because it somehow only recognizes the uploads set in that setting. I believe the torrents on "standbye" all are not recognized, some even don't show any peers and seeders and do not even show, that they reported to the tracker...

So I'm asking for help. What I'd like, is, that all of the 2k torrents report to the tracker, but only 50 should download simultaniously as 10 should upload. I want, that if someone requests on of the torrents that currently are on standbye, that it becomes active, but like it currently seems, this is impossible, because not even the tracker know that I got that torrent...

Thankful for any help <3 .

The problem with the above, apart from some torrents maybe not being available for some people, is, that the site which's torrent I share is a private-torrent-site, that demands that every torrent is shared for 72h after download. Like I think it currently is in Tixati, I could have difficulties with that, because how should the site recognize that I seed a torrent, when it doesn't even report to the tracker :/ ...
by Seraiel on 2015/12/08 04:29:30 PM    
Addition:

I now configured Tixati with 50 Downloads, 10 Uploads and Auto-Management for the slots. Like that, all seeds are at least on Standbye, and they report to the tracker. The private torrent-site however says, that I only share 60-80 torrents, so slightly above the permanent seed-slots, and it also says that 98% of the peers cannot reach me :( .

Is there any way to have 1500 torrents on seed-status but only a maximum of 10 actually being really active, so uploading? I really liked Tixati, but if that is not possible, I have no choice but to switch the client again :( .
by Pete on 2015/12/08 09:40:49 PM    
To be recognized by the tracker transfers have to be in seeding state. Although the "Auto-manage slots" will cycle seeding transfers, it won't be enough to make them active. For that many torrents you'll have to set Constant Seeding for them.
by Bugmagnet on 2015/12/08 10:07:00 PM    
study these:
http://support.tixati.com/settings%20-%20transfers%20-%20general
http://support.tixati.com/transfer%20queue%20management
and look into the torrent Seeding submenu, especially the ability to set {x} Constant Seeding

   "These options control various aspects of seeding. The stop-seeding target upload ratios of selected transfers can be adjusted. Super-seeding and constant seeding can also be activated on the selected transfers."

Also, when attempting to mega-seed hundreds of torrents, I have noticed that both UL and DL traffic is impacted though available. System CPUsage may be under 40% and still the BW drops on my system (Win 7 pro 8GB 3.0 Ghz QUAD AMD CPU) if I am downloading and uploading. It seems somewhere between 500 and 1000 seeds that things start to bog down.  Auto-Manage slots works well for my situation, allowing for total utilization of available UL BW.  Maybe a combination of Constant Seeding a number of torrents and using Auto-Manage may help.
by Guest on 2015/12/09 07:07:55 AM    
Thx for the answers :) .

I'll switch back to qBittorrent for the moment, because of this. With that client, it's np to seed thousands of torrents (friend of mine seeds 28k of torrents :o ) , and it doesn't even use huge resources, like you described it, or like I also already partly experienced with Tixati. I'm not 100% happy with that decision, because RSS doesn't work 100% in qBT and I really liked how responsive Tixati was, even with such a high number of torrents, in the end, it's mostly a decision because of the resources and partly because I cannot study those manuals currently, especially I cannot study them in search of something that is not natively integrated into the client! I'll follow the forums over the next few weeks, maybe someone else knows a solution or the DEVs of Tixati can do anything about it. Basically, it's very unpleasant, that only the truely active torrents in Tixati are recognized as active by the tracker, because of the "Hit & Run-Systems" of private torrent-sites, I'm sure the one I use isn't the only one, that demands that a torrent is seeded for a certain time after the download.

Thx again for the responses though <3 .
by KH on 2015/12/09 07:58:19 AM    
I think in the next version I will make an option so all Standby Seeds can stay active to the tracker.  That would solve this problem quite easily.

We're also doing some CPU profiling under mega-seeding conditions right now, which may help produce some faster code and improve efficiency when seeding huge numbers of torrents.

2.29 should be out in a week or two BTW.
by Bugmagnet on 2015/12/09 11:36:21 AM    
Seraiel, I think there are simple workarounds until KH adds tracker connectivity to standby torrents soon.

To address the 72 hours rule, simply new torrents to 'Constant Seeding'. Tixati then has a setting to stop seeding at a set UL ratio. But that might be reached before your 3 day period. Without that auto-stop on ratio target, it would be easy to sort your seeds by the time/date completed or the new 'Time Seeding' column and turn off Constant Seeding once they have past the 72 hours. That could be a quick, once a week task.

(and maybe KH can add a 'Seed for xx (hours/days)' function in addition to the existing ratio targets)
by Guest on 2015/12/20 06:27:03 PM    
Hi
I can not see this option in 2.31. Was it added in 2.29 or in 2.31? If not, is it still planned for one of the next releases?
Thank you.
by KH on 2015/12/20 07:28:55 PM    
I can not see this option in 2.31. Was it added in 2.29 or in 2.31? If not, is it still planned for one of the next releases?

I am still trying to figure out exactly the right way to address this problem, and am not sure the solution I proposed earlier is the correct one.

A little bit more time is needed.  For now, put your seeds from the private tracker on "constant seeding" so they don't go to standby and everything should work OK.

I have a few different ideas for this problem of the 72h rule, and I need to make sure I find a solution that is the best from all angles.  This is planned for the next release, which should be along in a few weeks.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server