Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Suggestion:] RSS-like torrent-import-function

by Guest on 2015/12/06 05:16:24 PM    
Hey :) .

I just need to import 2000 torrents into your client, because the client I used before (qBittorrent) said that they were corrupt because of a forced shutdown, your client can read them without problems though, so recognition for that :) .

Anyhow, importing 2000 torrents is near madness. If the client had a built-in-import-function, where one can specify only the most basic rules, like with RSS, a certain name towards a certain folder i. e., that would be absolutely amazing. I'm sure I could import 1600+ of the 2000 torrents correctly like that, and it actually shouldn't be that difficult to program, and would make Tixati more attractive for people changing the client ^^ .
by Guest on 2015/12/06 08:36:52 PM    
Definitely check out the Categories feature.  It can do exactly what you want I think.

In Transfers View, click the layout button, and turn on Categories.  You get a pane that shows up on the left, and you can add categories to it.

Each category can have it's own download folder, move on complete folder, bandwidth throttle settings, etc.

But the power of it is the "capture" feature, which is like RSS in that you can set filters to match keywords in torrent names, tracker names, file names.  So it will automatically sort your torrents into these categories as you load them and it looks for the keywords.  Just click on the properties for a category (right click the category) and go to the "Capture" tab and you'll see what I'm talking about.
by Guest on 2015/12/06 08:46:53 PM    
Thx m8 :) . I wished, I had known earlier about the possibility through that feature, now I already added 1500/2000 torrents manually ^^ . But I'm gonna welcome it, should I ever lose my torrents again and ofc. for the last 400 :) .

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server