Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Weird behaviour of Tixati in combination with a VPN

by Guest on 2015/12/06 10:03:45 AM    
Hi...

I'm still completely new to Tixati, but I noticed, that Tixati tests if the port which I specifyed is open on my router. This ofc. doesn't work, when I'm connected to a VPN-provider and when I force Tixati's traffic via Firewall settings towards using the public network. The VPN supports also UPnP, and other torrent clients had no problems with this, it's just Tixati that behaves weird. Is there anything me, or you could do? Currently I fear, that because of this, I cannot upload to others. DL works ofc.

Tia for the answer.

I checked again. It seems, that the outgoing traffic goes via the router instead of the VPN. That should actually be impossible, and I don't know what to do against it, or why it is shown. Incoming traffic is at 0 kb/s in the router-menu, so that one gets routed via the VPN, but outgoing not going via the VPN even with being blocked to only VPN-network in the firewall leaves me perplexed.

As information: The adapter connected to the VPN is a "WAN Miniport (IKEv2) PPP-Adapter" . Under ipconfig, it shows that it's connected towards the VPN and everything is fine. What seems to make the problems, is, that the LAN-adapter that is used for this connection still has entries leading towards the router, but that didn't cause problems with any other program, because the PPP-Adapter always got preferred, only Tixati seems to ignore / skip it.

Hth, will also ask my VPN-provider.
by Guest on 2015/12/06 04:42:31 PM    
i think tixati uses standard winsock networking calls like connect and bind etc... so i don't think any real difference there... are you sure you are looking at your diagnostic tools correctly?  are you using default settings in Settings > Network > Connections?  I have PIA vpn and no problems at all here

if you want to force tixati to use the VPN only, go into Settings > Network > Connections and near the bottom where it says "Local Address" there is an edit box and a button with some dots on it.  Click that button and choose your VPN adapter (make sure it is connected first) from the list.  Now Tixati will only work with that adapter and ignore all the others.
by Guest on 2015/12/06 05:01:28 PM    
Thx for answering :) . That setting (imo) is really well hidden ;) . Now everything works as it should.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server