Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Transfer stops when multiple seeders contribute to same piece

by griest024 on 2015/12/05 01:14:50 AM    
I have discovered an infuriating bug in tixati. For some seeders (not all, but more than 1) will be unable to transfer data when other peers try to contribute to the piece that I am getting from that seeder. When that seeder is transferring pieces solo, I get piece after piece uninterrupted. As soon as tixati tries to get that piece from other peers, that seeder will stop transferring. Even when the piece finishes, tixati will not try to get any other data from the original seeder. I must manually disconnect and reconnect until tixati downloads those pieces solo. A solution is to write down the seeders that give me good speed, and manually connect to them, while rejecting all other connections, but I'm not sure how to do this in tixati. Also, the "maximum peer connections" setting cannot be set below 25, which is quite annoying, as I could work around the bug otherwise. The user should tell the computer what it can do, not the other way around.
by Guest on 2015/12/05 08:34:23 PM    
For some seeders (not all, but more than 1) will be unable to transfer data when other peers try to contribute to the piece

Do you mean that this happens to peers with some specific client softwares and not others?  If so, which ones?  Eg. vuze utorrent tranmission etc

It would help the developers if you post a level-5 peer log (from a peer properties window) for the peers that stop with this problem.

Go into Settings > Event Logging  and turn up the default peer log level to highest detail, level-5, and maybe add more lines too.

Then after this problem happens, you can right-click the peer, go to Properties, and cut/paste the event log into here.

When the peer log is on level 5, it shows all the little protocol messages that the peers exchange, and then if something is wrong it can be figured out how to work around it.

I couldn't find this problem happening in my torrents, but I'm sure there are a few clients out there that act funny if they get block requests that don't follow a linear sequence.
by griest024 on 2015/12/05 09:05:37 PM    
When I get a chance I'll post those logs but I noticed this problem with more than 50% of the seeders. Also, do you if there are .ini files somewhere that I can edit manually? For example, if I go to connection settings and click on advanced socket settings, it opens up a bunch of text that I can edit. Where is this file stored? I would like to be able to edit maximum peer connections manually as it will allow me to workaround the problem.
by griest024 on 2015/12/05 09:11:14 PM    
Okay I got a seeder to fail. Here is the log: http://pastie.org/10611985
SO far it looks like this problem ONLY happens with seeders, not peers.
by griest024 on 2015/12/05 09:23:33 PM    
This seeder actually has Tixati so I know its not the seeder client that is causing the problem: http://pastie.org/10612012  .

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server