Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

What is the best Tixati set-up to preserve disks?

by Guest on 2015/12/04 11:19:07 AM    
Hello!

I've been thinking about optimising my download set-up, and I would like to ask the advice of those who are more experienced than me in these things.

Background:  In the last few weeks, my computer has crashed overnight several times, BSOD or worse, and I've spent hours restoring it.  The suspect is an ancient 160 GB external HDD, which I use for Tixati downloads and uploads, and then I manually copy or move complete files to a 1TB external HDD as the smaller one fills up.  So I've decided to retire the 160 GB drive and I have a new 2TB USB3 drive to replace it.

But looking at threads in the forum, I notice that others do things to save disk usage.  I already avoid using my Ultrabook's SSD for constant file transfer, but I also wonder if I should avoid using it for Tixti's incomplete piece storage, by using the new HDD or a USB stick.

Here are the possibilities I can think of:

- use a smallish USB stick for incomplete piece storage and an external HDD for local files.

- use a 128GB USB stick for all transactions and then move/copy files to the HDD on completion.

- use the external HDD for all actions.

Which is the best in terms of system resources and disk saving?  Any other ideas?

This leads to a question:  Is it possible to only copy completed files to a new disk, and not move?  That way I can store completed files but still share them.  The point of this is that with the 128GB stick I will have limited space to offer files, unless I can set more than one location for shared files?  I've never worked out how to do this in Tixati, used to do it in classic file-sharing.  Is it possible?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me!!
by crashnburn on 2016/06/21 10:26:05 AM    
What did you end up doing?
by Guest on 2016/06/22 03:45:29 PM    
I've left Tixati open for even a week with no point of failure so I suppose it's a problem in your end. Cheers.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server