Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati 2.25 is not finding it's torrent files

by loninappleton on 2015/12/03 12:01:00 AM    
I'll try to give as much info as I can.

I transferred my big media file which includes the torrent files from XP to Win7 and Tx 2.25.

The content folders show up on the new drive and the torrent files show up in it as well.

The program asked to find the correct location and I supplied that.

But my transfer screen is all red with file not found errors.

Will I have to manually drag and drop the torrent files into the window?  I can do that. But before I start I need to know if there is some other error going on.

How can I error check this?

This is a big move for my torrents which are always on on one machine.  I avoided doing it up til now because of such problems which I don't know how they arise.

I'll go back to the XP until some help shows up.
by loninappleton on 2015/12/03 01:03:57 AM    
I'm troubleshooting this problem.

1.)  Have installed an older x32 version 1.96 on Win7

2.)  Opened the tixati folder (content and torrents) on Windows XP.

3.)   Transferred one .torrent file into the Window of Tixati  1.96on the Win7 disk.

     Tixati found the torrent and activated it at 100% which is where it should be.

Do I have to manually transfer each torrent onto the new disk with the Tixati build?

If I do the whole group, say in z32,  will the newer/newest version 2.27 of x32 pick up the torrent files in the same manner?  Or should I just install the newest build and manually transfer the torrent files?  I don't see any way around this.

At least I think I got rid of the previous 'thumbs.db error' which made the transferred files unrecognizable.
by Guest on 2015/12/03 10:25:53 AM    
Try right-clicking on a torrent and selecting

Local Files -> Force Check

If that works then you should be able to select all the torrents, choose force check, then it will grind away checking everything until it is finished.
by loninappleton on 2015/12/03 09:32:35 PM    
A good tip.  I wondered if I had a 'look for
torrents in ...' directory mislabeled but that isn't it.

Is there this recognition problem between an install of x64 which my newer OS has available as Win Ultimate etc?  And how does that change the install, meaning to Programs or Programs (x86) Win7 directory?

Thanks for answering.
by loninappleton on 2015/12/03 09:39:19 PM    
I just noticed an error I may have made in description.

My transfer window is empty but now contains the one file title I dragged to the program of it's torrent.  This sounds clumsy:

I dragged one torrent file to the new install empty transfer window.  So the procedure to check would only have the one item.  I practiced with is on my working setup and it only checks the one specified.  Is there another command variation to do all?
by loninappleton on 2015/12/05 06:42:21 AM    
Still researching my error.

Some torrents (the ones I've generated) added a thumbs file across my network which is just two machines.  I've found that my hand made torrents with the thumbs get picked up with my manually add method.  Lesson:  make sure your networked machines are all doing the same thing.

Manually transferring is ok.  I'm finding duplicates and other edits to make on my 'torrent farm'.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server