Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Video streaming feedback

by Bugmagnet on 2013/09/29 05:27:14 AM    
I have just recently decided to try the video streaming functions. These are some of my preliminary observations.

I tried several different bitrates, vb=240, 280, 360, 480, 720 to push the limits
With every one of them I am experiencing desync and often looping, where a segment is replayed over and over multiple times before the play jumps back.

I tested this in a channel with 15 or so users so that whatever happens in the mesh to propagate the program would be well supported.

My upload bw is a steady 2mb/s. I closed down torrent sharing for this test. Even at vb=240, the stream breaks up, repeats. Sometimes when playing short 1 minute clips, a segment of the prior file is inserted into the current one playing.

I am very please with the quality of the video, even at vb=240. The main problem is the breakup of a steady stream and desynced, repeating segments.

I note on my streaming client that the TCP rate is extremely variable, with the graph (sampled each 1/2 second) is showing spike pulses continuously. The spike rate seems to be at a 10 second interval. From a low of about 200kb/s it spikes to ~2mb/s then falls off to 200kb/s, then repeats...every 10 seconds. very volatile.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server