Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Starting maximized

by Guest on 2015/11/29 09:52:41 AM    
Is there any way to get Tixati to start up in a maximized window?

When I close Tixati it is maximized, but the next day it never starts maximized.
by Bugmagnet on 2015/11/29 06:30:40 PM    
Mine opens maximized.  

maybe:  Settings/User Interface/Behavior/ Startup on transfers page {x}

also see:  Settings/Shell Integration/ Auto-Start Tixati With Computer {Showing Normally}  (not "hidden" or "minimized" in tasktray) ???
by Dimitri001 on 2015/12/02 06:13:02 PM    
I tried and now Tixati is on the screen when it starts, but not maximized. The window is stretched out out of the edge of the monitor so that I can't see the X button, that's how it was previously except it wouldn't pop on the screen as soon as Tixati started rahter it would remain in tray.

This is what bothers me, that its stretched out of the monitor this way.
by KH on 2015/12/02 09:46:44 PM    
This might be related to a shutdown handling/window positioning problem that has been fixed for 2.28 (pending release in a day or two).  If that does not fix this problem, please let us know.
by Dimitri001 on 2015/12/06 10:04:02 PM    
I just updated and it hasn't helped. I still get the same thing.

Even thought it was maximized when I closed Tixati, when I open it what I get is an unmaximized window that stretches across the whole screen except a bit at the bottom and the right end of the window is "outside" the monitor, so that I can only see the minimize button.
by KH on 2015/12/08 02:47:30 AM    
I think this problem is due to not enough screen space for Tixati when the system DPI is high and/or there are large fonts.

We are working on some major upgrades to the GUI that will address this problem.

But for now, you could try going into Settings > User Interface > Fonts and then selecting the Default font, turn the size down a step or two, and then click the Accept button at the bottom.  That might help the program take up less space and fit on the screen maximized.
by Dimitri001 on 2015/12/08 09:28:26 PM    
That might be it as I do have fonts set to high.

Good to hear its being fixed.
by Guest on 2015/12/08 11:31:22 PM    
But for now, you could try going into Settings > User Interface > Fonts and then selecting the Default font, turn the size down a step or two, and then click the Accept button at the bottom. That might help the program take up less space and fit on the screen maximized.

THIS works very well.  Good advice.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server