Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

DHT Bug, Download Speed and Configuration Questions

by Delta16807 on 2015/11/27 04:47:10 AM    
Well, to start off with, I came over from uTorrent, because I was fed up with their bogus nonsense, and I wanted to stream a torrent or so with sequential, and looking at the alternative programs - you have quite a nice setup. Good job on that arena.

My problems are as follows:
1. My download speed doesn't ever seem to get maxed, at all. 1.2 mbts/sec at the most. Each I run a speed test on this wifi connection, I get around 1.8 mb/s, so it should be faster. At home it is actually 2.6 (this wifi hotspot is actually from the same cable company - so it is very stable, and fast).
I have verified it is a Tixati issue. I run the same torrents on uTorrent, just to see. And I get the full 1.5-1.8 depending. I have yet to see those speeds on here, no matter what torrent, even the same one. I have my upload throttled only right now, but I tried the autolimiter. Not sure what I should do. 225-250k upload speed btw.

2. Tixati seems to have a tendency to eventually or frequently get "DHT: Port Unconfirmed" message, and I am not sure why, or what that means, or even if it has something to do with the speed. When I start a torrent, or when it happens I click on torrents and "search dht", it seems to fix it, at least for the time being. A bit confused by the behavior. Happens probably every 25 minutes.

3. When first installing Tixati, I was going to try port forwarding, and I set the incoming port something different, but decided not to go through with it. Wasn't sure if it would have been secure for a wifi hotspot (give me input on this, is it?). I also have PIA, so if that has an issue with the port forwarding I do not know, but right now I have it set to simply tunnel all my internet connection. I set the port back to a random number between 10k, and 30k as something said again, but didn't get much speed back. I am a bit confused if there are other instructions I may be missing.
by Guest on 2015/11/27 06:28:41 AM    
Well, I seem to have tweaked some other settings and got it to use the full download speed since first posting this and waiting for approval. With one caveat. For some reason it only kicks in when I have only one torrent running. I click stop on my other 2-3 torrents, and the entire connection goes up. But when all of them run, the combined connection is slowed. Not sure why, uTorrent still runs all the torrents there and has a combined speed of 1.6-1.8mb, compared to only 300-900 average here.  DHT bug is still present.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server