Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Latest Win10 update (10586) causes system shell UI to hang

by Guest on 2015/11/26 09:26:59 AM    
This seems to be a new problem. At least i did not have it until updating to 10586, and 2.27.

First, when i start a couple of downloads in tixati, the tray icon starts to disappear, and the task bar is unresponsive. If i exit tixati, the task bar is responsive again, but the start menu, and operation center, etc are not working anymore. Windows says that the shell experience host process, and the searchui are not respondig anymore. So all programs, desktop etc are working, but the windows ui seems to be stuck. It can be only solved by restarting win10.
This does not happen, if i dont use tixati.
by Guest on 2015/12/02 09:42:54 AM    
Any news on this?
by Guest on 2015/12/02 02:16:19 PM    
This is a bug with Windows 10 build 10586.  Tixati does not control the taskbar or the system tray or "Windows Shell Experience Manager", and this problem does not happen in ANY other windows build.  This is a Windows bug.

This does not happen, if i dont use tixati.

That doesn't mean that it's Tixati's fault or that there is anything they can do about it for now.  Your other programs might not be using the system tray icons, or using the network and disk as heavily.

If you want this fixed, I hope you have also reported this to microsoft, although I'm pretty sure this is a well-known problem with 10586 (some other programs do it too).
by cvbn on 2015/12/02 02:38:09 PM    
this is not the first time Microsoft has issued a broken update

happened quite a few times in the early days of Windows 7 too

report to Microsoft, they fix them after a few weeks if lucky
by Guest on 2015/12/02 02:48:31 PM    
OP, this new November Windows 10 update 1510 is 100% garbage and you need to roll back to the previous RTM and stop poking at the Tixati devs.

There's tons of shit that's broken in this Windows update, and it's nothing to do specifically with Tixati.  Lots of other problems if you took the time to check on google, and most of those people don't even know what Tixati is or have it installed.

A quick example (there are many more):

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-november-update-issues-bugs
by Guest on 2015/12/02 05:24:11 PM    
Who cares about Windows 10 at this point ? People with basic computing experience and a little common sense don't jump on new operating systems as soon as they come out. By the time they do, at least a good year or two will have passed, along with the necessary bug fixes to bring it stability - that, of course, if they have a reason to switch to a new operating system at all!
by Guest on 2015/12/02 05:33:03 PM    
Poking the tixati devs?
Dont know what you mean, but i dont think its too far from the truth if i say, that maybe tixati devs could *also* do something, or at least give a statement on the issue, that they cant do anything on their side.

Since the bug ONLY happens when running tixati, its jut logic, that something in tixati triggers it. Whomever fault it is. I also didnt say, that win10 would be flawless. No need to get hysteric... And no need to mix it with other TH2 bugs (wich btw i dont have).
by KH on 2015/12/02 09:56:30 PM    
I checked this one out just today.

So far, it seems this is a pretty bad problem with the shell in the latest online update to Windows 10 - build 10586.  There's not much that can be done at this point, I even tried a few experiments to work-around this Windows bug.  There are other problems with certain device drivers getting broken by this update too, and there are a few other apps that are effected, including some MS apps.

I got word from an insider that this is going to be addressed in the next update push (December 8th) but I don't know if this is reliable information or not.  I have also heard they are trimming staff levels pretty aggressively, so who knows wtf is going on over there.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.  I am getting so very tired of this.  They did the same thing a few times when 7 came out, and then also with 8 (blue screens, lockups, many problems).
by Guest on 2015/12/02 11:19:20 PM    
Guys, while we are waiting, there are easy things to try to work around this...

I read in a few places this taskbar stuff has something to do with the Windows Defender anti-virus freaking out when files are getting saved/written frequently - like when a piece saves - maybe there is some way to avoid this by turning off Windows Defender, or maybe the indexing service?  I am guessing this has something to do with frequent saving to a file (what a torrent program has to do all the time) and the AV over-scanning the hell out of things.  Or maybe the indexing service (and that could explain why the search area gets frozen up.)  It would explain why everything is OK until you start downloading.

And be careful if you try to rollback that rtm, very risky manoeuvre, that Windows Update 30-day rollback feature has screwed up many systems.
by Guest on 2015/12/03 07:35:29 AM    
Thanks for your update KH!

Btw, i dont have defender enabled. I use ESET NOD32, wich seems to be working fine, but i will definitely try disabling it, maybe that helps...
by Guest on 2015/12/03 03:09:47 PM    
Since its release I can't update to that last version of Windows, a problem shows when its installing, but I don't want to reformat the drive just because I have tixati full of magnets I would then lose when doing that. Probably Windows will patch this one up with another after all so its no big deal, I'll just have to wait more, nothing else. Not that I'm in a hurry or something, lol.
by Guest on 2015/12/03 04:58:04 PM    
... but I don't want to reformat the drive just because I have tixati full of magnets I would then lose ...

back up your config files... make an archive in settings > import/export

better safe than sorry
by Guest on 2015/12/03 07:33:13 PM    
back up your config files... make an archive in settings > import/export

better safe than sorry

If I export transfers it will keep all loaded hash links after importing back in a future? If so that will do the trick for me.
by Guest on 2015/12/07 10:20:06 PM    
I also tested Windows 10 for about 1.5 months, and after having gone back to Win 7, I can only say, that it's basically your fault, that you use Win 10. The OS is ridiculous in a lot of points and as it's still so new, it runs badly in a lot of situations because of bugs. There's nothing one can't do with Win 7 that one can with Win 10, and Win 7 is even more responsive, because it uses less resources and is optimized better than Win 10. If you still ot the chance to switch back, my advice would be to take it, at least if you can downgrade to Win 7. The Pro-versions afaik can always be downgraded, so if you got one of them, you shouldn't fall below the 30d trial-period. Windows 10 will still need a lot of time, 'til it's better than 7, maybe it'll never be better than 7, just like XP was better than Vista.
by Guest on 2015/12/08 08:11:13 AM    
2.28 solved the ui hang for me... using it since 24h, and the start menu still works :)
by Guest on 2015/12/08 11:32:12 PM    
Microsoft pushed updates today that appear to have fixed this!
by Guest on 2015/12/09 05:37:29 PM    
That maybe too, but i just installed the win updates now, but tixati works fine since 2 days already.
So whatever triggered the windows bug, is gone from tixati with 2.28.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server