Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

utorrent speed is better then tixati, but i prefer tixati

by unknown73 on 2015/11/25 06:40:52 AM    
As the topic says i tried many times ,i don't know why speed of utorrent is around 56kbps while with tixati it is around 45.I did follow Optimize guide for tixati but no success.i have done no changes to utorrent but still it gives better speed.I also like to add that i tested speed on exactly same torrents and waited pretty long time to came conclusion that utorrent is giving better speed.i dont use any features in tixati like rss or chat,just use it for torrents only but no idea why utorrent is giving better speed.
thx in advance guys.
by Guest on 2015/11/25 09:20:42 AM    
Do you have auto-limit on?

Make sure your "Auto-Limit" feature is OFF, and only your outgoing throttle is set, following instructions on the optimizing page.  NO incoming throttle, just outgoing.

Tixati easily maxxes out my 30Mbit connection.  If it's not maxxing you out, either your torrents are dead, or you're not configured right.
by ZarkBit on 2015/11/25 11:52:01 AM    
Used Bittorrent, used BitComet, use uTorrent, used qbittorrent, used azureus (and then Vuze), used Deluge, used Halite and now with Tixati, no difference in speeds whatsoever, I seriously do not understand why people say one is faster than the other(in terms of DLing/UPing speeds). Check your connection settings in tixati.
by Guest on 2015/11/25 01:53:22 PM    
Yes auto limit was ON..but now i did disabled it and still no improvement in download speed.and i haven't change anything in connections settings.
i totaly agree with you that my tixati might not be configured but i did exactly as mentioned in optimizing page.my upload speed is 424.9
kilobit/s and after doin calculations suggested in that page it turns out to be 33.6.plz correct me if im wrong.
and i set maximum upload speed as 33.but still download speed is around 40kbps.
by Guest on 2015/11/25 02:23:15 PM    
yes your settings are right if your speedtest is showing 425 kbps outgoing bandwidth... incoming throttle off, auto-limit off, and outgoing throttle set to 33

but try lowering your outgoing throttle a little bit more, maybe 20, and see what happens after 5-10 minutes

there are soooo many variables when it comes to different internet connections, and then different programs measure things their own way... but if tixati is reaching a steady maximum download speed, it seems like it is in fact maxxing out your connection and you are just having a measuring or comparing inaccuracy

it is hard to say if you are not comparing apples to oranges... Tixati does not include DHT bandwidth and some other stuff in it's charts, so that could account some of the difference too... i don't know how utorrent measure bandwidth, but i would not be surprised if it is inaccurate

if you have a resource monitor, you could look at the bandwidth in there, to see the actual amounts coming from the wire

BTW in your speedtest, what is the number for your incoming bandwidth?  I know it doesn't matter for optimizing page, but I am just curious.
by Guest on 2015/11/26 01:06:52 PM    
after you asked i checked again and here's the result
507.8 down
kilobit/s
1s
234.1 up
kilobit/s
well i tried lowering to 20kbps but still i don't see any improvement and as u suggested i checked recourse monitor but receiving and sending is lot higher while using utorrent as compared to tixati.i really hoped tixati would have better download speed but seems i have to switch to utorrent.i been using tixati for long time but if im not getting good speed then its better to switch to utorrent.
but again thx for helping and if u have any more suggestions i gladly try that cuz i really like to use tixati.
by cvbn on 2015/11/26 05:26:21 PM    
after you asked i checked again and here's the result
507.8 down
kilobit/s
1s
234.1 up
kilobit/s

Wow, that is strange internets you have there, because you previously said:

my upload speed is 424.9
kilobit/s

Now your new upload speed is 234 kbit/s.  So that means your throttle should be set much lower, about 20 outgoing.

But your connection seems very bad, so you should maybe try 5 outgoing, and see how that works.  That is probably what utorrent is automatically doing, since they use delay-based throttling which will choke off uploading to nothing on a really slow connection.

Also maybe try setting incoming to 50, outgoing to 10, auto-limit off.  See how that works.  Then try slowly adjusting each one, see what the effects are.

My experience is that Tixati has always been faster than the other clients on my various connections, so I don't know what problem you have.  But even if you are a bit slower (and I have my doubts about that) it isn't worth using that pile of junk that is utorrent.  There are other clients but maaaaaaaaaaaan that one is the WORST of them all.
by Guest on 2015/11/26 05:29:02 PM    
hey guy, you should try:

INCOMING = off
OUTGOING = off
AUTO-LIMIT = on

and if you changed your auto-limit settings before, change them back to defaults

works for me, thing figures out my speed and compensates for web browser too
by Guest on 2015/11/26 08:06:23 PM    
thx guys i really will try and update you later..
btw i did tried with outgoin off and incoming off with auto limit ON..but it wasn't good.
but will report soon.
by Guest on 2015/11/27 12:56:06 PM    
well guys i tried with different but tixati is not performing the way it should.now my only option is either to switch to utorrent or some other torrent client.
if u guys like to suggest.as there was a reason i choose tixati over popular utorrent but im afraid now i have to switch to some other client.i did searched a lot but im unable to see any other client with so much customization ,but still i have to like to know your suggestion ?which is second best client you would recommend.HOw is qbittorrent or tribler?
by cvbn on 2015/11/27 07:21:09 PM    
wow that is silly to switch over such a small difference, but you're the boss

Before you give up, I am curious, does this older version make any difference:
http://www.tixati.com/download/tixati-2.12-1.win64-install.exe

Also please keep in mind the forum rules, especially the second one:

We ask that you follow these rules:
-Keep a civilized tone
-Stay on topic
-References to copyrighted material or torrent sites will be removed

This is a place for Tixati support, so it would probably be a bit more respectful to take the discussion to your favorite torrent site if you want to compare the pros and cons of other clients and ask for recommendations.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server