Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[2.27] Still get "bad meta info" on my RSS feeds    🔒  

by Guest on 2015/11/24 05:27:54 PM    
Is this ever going to be fixed?
Its been almost a year since i sent the infos on the dev email also...
by Guest on 2015/11/25 08:59:36 AM    
If you get bad meta-info, then your feeds probably don't supply actual .torrent file links, just links to the description page on the torrent site.  This is very common.

Before sending anything to the devs again, you need to make sure you check that the feeds work in your web browser, and that they actually provide direct links to .torrent files for the client to download.

Select a feed, go to the tabs at the bottom and select "Feed URLs" tab.  Right-click the URL and select "Open in Web Browser".

Now, the feed opens in your web-browser.  On each item, there will be a link you can click.  Either it will open a description page on the torrent site, OR it will download a .torrent file.

If there are no direct links to .torrent files in your feed, there is no way for Tixati to download a .torrent and start download.  Not a tixati problem.  A feed problem.  This is common (many sites don't want to provide direct links).
by Guest on 2015/11/25 05:36:51 PM    
Of course the feed is working, and all the links are also working.
Like it always did in uTorrent also.
Tixati is the only one, that has a problem with it.
by KH on 2015/11/26 05:58:47 AM    
Of course the feed is working, and all the links are also working.
Like it always did in uTorrent also.
Tixati is the only one, that has a problem with it.

Don't say "of course".  Experiments with other clients are useless and often flawed.  A better response is "I just tested this exactly as I was asked, in my web browser, and...".

Understand that 98% of the links that are sent into support are non-torrent rss feeds exactly as the previous reply explains, or the person forgot to put their user/pass or auth cookie string directly in the URL, or some other user/server error.  It is extremely frustrating to have so much time wasted by this.

Now, I just double-checked, and all RSS links that have been received through the support email in the past year are now working, or they don't work in the web-browser test either, due to not being torrent feeds, or requiring an auth token that isn't in the URL.  (With the exception of the recent "Server overflow error" that was addressed a few days ago in another thread.)

If you are the guy who last March sent in a URL to a host that starts with a B and ends with .be, then that is a broken feed URL, because upon checking in the browser, all the item links inside the feed go to a "403 forbidden" page because of missing credentials.  If you are the guy that sent in links last November, it's the same case.  If a site requires a login to access a feed, you need to add your access token to the URL, or your login credentials to the URL.

Please test your links in the web-browser following the exact procedure outlined in the last reply, while _not_ logged into the site in question, with no cookies in your browser cache, then re-send an email to support describing the results of your test, with the exact same URL(s), and we'll take a look.  Anything short of that, I can't help you.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server