Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Recheck after reboot?

by Guest on 2015/11/22 11:56:13 AM    
Hi,

I am new user of Tixati but I have this annoying issue. I have few kinda big torrents (hundreds of GBs) and they will take me few weeks to download. However, after every restart, Tixati rechecks the whole thing which takes long time (hours). Can somebody point me in right direction to fix this issue? Does Tixati need more time to shutdown? If so, does it use ShutdownBlockReasonCreate API (hint)? Or did I miss something else?

My PC is Windows 10 and I have torrent data stored on my 2TB data drive.
by Guest on 2015/11/22 12:32:27 PM    
Are you using v2.27 or newer?  Something about the shutdown was fixed in the last update.
by Guest on 2015/11/22 12:47:58 PM    
It's latest 2.27 I dowloaded two days back.
by Guest on 2015/11/22 01:52:03 PM    
Close Tixati before reboot or shutdown and it won't recheck files.
by drake127 on 2015/11/22 02:00:53 PM    
I just tested that the issue does not arise when I close (exit) Tixati before reboot. Thus I assume that there is some issue with handling shutdown in Tixati (on Windows 10).
by ZarkBit on 2015/11/23 01:20:28 PM    
Tixati might take sometime to shut itself down, I always check with Process Explorer if Tixati's process is still active or not, noticed it takes some time after the window is closed for the process to end.

That very same thing used to happen with me when I used another bittorrent client, and that was basically what was causing the issue, it wasn't being shut down properly.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server