Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Why is Tixati sometimes a banned client?

by Guest on 2015/11/17 02:42:31 PM    
I use uTorrent and Tixati, but find I only use uTorrent on private trackers who have a list of "Allowed Clients" where Tixati is not on that list (sometimes specifically banned).

Just wondered why this is and could it be fixed so that people can then go back to the site admins and say "Look this issue has been fixed, can it be validated and go on the allowed clients list?"

Many thanks and keep up the great work!
by Guest on 2015/11/17 08:25:36 PM    
Just wondered why this is

Not all, but some private tracker operators are just children that have a little Napoleon complex and like to dictate that users strictly conform to their preferences for torrent clients.  Usually they will have various nonsense reasons that make little sense, but what it really comes down to is they want to be "big boss" somewhere, and this is one of many ways they try to do it.

A few of the really whacko ones even like to complain that Tixati gives users the ability to spoof peer-id and tracker headers, which effectively gets around such stupid client blocks, and therefore it should be banned because it interferes with their power to be a little dictator.  Some of them even had the nerve to come into this very forum and DEMAND the developers remove the feature, OR ELSE be banned from their two-bit private tracker nobody give a crap about, which already bans all non-utorrent clients anyway.  Obviously the devs don't even pay attention to these pests, thank goodness.

BTW it is easy to get around these blocks but I forget how.  It has been so long since I needed to bother.  If you search the forum for "peer-id" or something like that you will find out how to do it.
by Guest on 2015/11/17 08:56:50 PM    
here, this is how you get around it:

http://forum.tixati.com/support/1464/

look at the first reply, that's how to do it

but most private trackers now whitelist tixati, so no problems

of course there are still a few that are behind the times or have mental problems, but this trick works if you need to use it.
by Guest on 2015/11/17 09:11:03 PM    
"eliminate that feature that gives users enough control to get around my arbitrary banlist"

or what?

"or be BANNED!"

yeah, we'll get right on that lololol

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server