Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Default Settings

by Guest on 2015/11/07 04:45:26 PM    
I am sure I have messed up my settings in my attempt to tweak Tixati. Is there a simple way to restore the program defaults? Thanks!
by Guest on 2015/11/07 11:13:23 PM    
Yes this is easy.

First, quit Tixati.  The program must not be running.

Find the tixati app data folder where it stores it's config.  This is usually c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\tixati

Once in there, remove the file settings2.dat.

Start Tixati, and notice that your settings are default, like a fresh install, but your transfers and channels and feeds are still OK.

hth
by loninappleton on 2015/11/13 10:01:08 PM    
Not a hijack but my question is related.

I have a new 2.25 installed.

My old 2.12 showed only seeded torrents, and things uploading and downloading.  On 2.25 I have a long Queue list and other categories which are normally
empty.  I had to manually transfer torrent files and content files to the x64 version from XP.

How can I assure torrents are seeding all the time?
I realize I may have to go through each but how to get rid of Queued items?

 One other thing I noticed was I didn't have thumbs.db turned off during moving things. I think I deleted all of those so the original content in folders should remain.
by Guest on 2015/11/14 11:07:57 PM    
@loninapplton, go into Settings > Transfers > General, and look at the Queuing frame.

You can add more upload slots, but I think what is confusing you is that the newer versions are automatically managing your upload slots, so the less-well seeded torrents that need your bandwidth the most take priority over the others with plentiful seeds.  You can turn that off by unchecking next to Auto-manage slots, and it will be like the older versions where you manually manage the queue.

Also, you can make any seed stay always on by right-clicking it and in the "Seeding" submenu select "Constant Seeding".
by loninappleton on 2015/11/15 08:14:43 PM    
Thanks for the reply.

Because of some of these problems and also because my needs are simple I'm going to reinstall an older version at 32 bit.

I found it confusing that the install of 2.25 x64 to go with my Win7 x64 OS installs to the Programs x86 directory.

It may be a small nit but may be why I'm having problems getting the torrents picked up under the new version and
have been doing the torrent and content transfer files manually.

Win7 is new for me in general and this is my first setup using it for Tixati.

Thanks for your patience with my elementary questions.
by Guest on 2015/11/16 07:22:56 AM    
You are manually moving torrents from one install to another, on the same computer?  Ohh that not good...

Go into Settings > Import / Export  (the last one)  and export from your old install, and import into the new one.

You should probably not downgrade, you may miss out on other features, fixes, and some better speed.

Ask more questions if you need more help, don't worry about it.  Everyone is willing to help you solve your newbie problems ;)

P.S. tixati does not store it's settings in the Program Files folder where the exe is installed.  The settings files are in c:\users\yourname\appdata\roaming\tixati , and the 64-bit exe file is in C:\program files not in C:\program files (x86)
by Pete on 2015/11/16 07:40:05 PM    
If I remember correctly Tixati 64bit may be installed in the "Program Files (x86)" folder if it was updated from 32bit version.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server