Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati folder structure

by ZarkBit on 2015/11/07 02:50:12 AM    
Hello everyone, I am for the second time checking Tixati, used it previously, unfortunately there was something that really made me stop using it.

I have a few torrents loaded on another client, with the following folder structure:

TorrentFolder1....SubTorrentFolder1....TorrentFile1 (Torrent 1)
            .....SubTorrentFolder2....TorrentFile2 (Torrent 2)
            .....SubTorrentFolder3....TorrentFile3 (Torrent 3)

All 3 torrents use the same parent directory (TorrentFolder1), please note that the "TorrentFolder1" is included on the torrent, while with Tixati it creates separate parent directories for each torrent, leaving the following structure:

TorrentFolder1....SubTorrentFolder1....TorrentFile1

TorrentFolder1....SubTorrentFolder2....TorrentFile2

TorrentFolder1....SubTorrentFolder3....TorrentFile3

Is there anyway that I can achieve the first folder structure? Without having to re-create the torrent files?
by Pete on 2015/11/08 04:23:00 PM    
You can point each folder or file in a transfer to a different location. For example you could try (make backup copy first) to load all torrents stopped (so Tixati won't create empty files), then use Move function (right-click > Local Files > Location > Move...) on all content of second and third torrent and point to the parent folder of the first one. Tixati should find files and check them, if not use Force Check function, if still 0% complete, you have most likely pointed to wrong location.

It's even possible to point two different torrents to the same content (obviously for seeding only), so you aren't wasting HDD space twice for the same files.
by ZarkBit on 2015/11/09 11:53:29 AM    
Thank you for your reply Pete, I have been re-testing, previously I was using magnet links to add the torrents, this time decided to use the .torrent files, and I noticed that when Tixati detects that the parent directory already exists, it appends a (n) to the folder name, hadn't noticed that previously

and if the user changes the folder name to the same as the already existing one, it asks the users if he surely wants to apply those settings.

is it possible, on a future version, to add an option to disable the (n) append and bypass the confirmation dialogue?

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server