Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

PayPal asks for a state but no US choice

by normandy on 2015/11/01 03:08:52 PM    
I try to donate, but PayPal rejects it because I don't enter the state I live in.  The PayPal drop down only lists Canadian states.  Any suggestions how to enter a US state.
by Radish on 2015/11/02 01:59:01 PM    
I can't think how you are having this problem. Assuming you already have a PayPal account just click on the link at the very top right-hand side of the Tixati webapge. That link is titled "Secure CC: PayPal Secure Payments".

When you get to that donate webpage just complete the "Purpose" (text box) then enter the amount of Canadian Dollars you want to donate. Once you've done that log into your PayPal account, using the text boxes in the "Already have a PayPal Account" section of the webpage, and do what is necessary to send your donation - PayPal will automatically handle the currency conversion for you. (Though I don't live in the USA I didn't have any problems/issues at all with making a donation via this means.)

Hope this helps. And if you do manage to make a donation this way remember to let us know up here.
by Guest on 2015/11/02 02:25:52 PM    
You don't need a paypal account to donate.

That page doesn't update the province thing to US states until you enter an amount for the donation.  

First put in an amount, then type "thank you" or whatever in the reason box, then proceed to switch your country to United States.  The display will then change to show a drop-down for all the states.

Paypal should really fix that.

BTW it is great that you are donating that is awesome way to help the development and community that uses this software.
by Napsterbater on 2015/11/02 06:41:27 PM    
Did you pick United States from the country dropdown? It's the first box and default to Canada, when you change it the page refreshes.
by Guest on 2015/11/02 11:39:23 PM    
"First put in an amount, then type "thank you" or whatever in the reason box, then proceed to
switch your country to United States. The display will then change to show a drop-down for all
the states" worked.  Thank you

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server