Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Req: Dynamic Block Lists

by Guest on 2015/10/27 12:03:15 PM    
Any plans to implement Dynamic Block Lists in Tixati?

Very interesting study on how to identify the torrent spies that invade our privacy.

If Tixati could produce a list of active download magnet files from the Transfers page and then run this option:
node freerider.js [magnet1-magnet2-...] findspiesonly to produce the block list for those torrent files active in Tixati.
by Rudiger on 2015/10/27 09:36:34 PM    
(moderator note)

I had to remove the first link from the original post.  Normally it is OK to link to other software, including other torrent client's web sites.  However in this case the site had a number of screen shots showing copyrighted material all over the place, and this forum is under a microscope, so we need to be extra careful.

But I did forward this to the developers in original form.  And the other link is indeed very interesting and informative on the subject.

Sorry for the interruption ;)
by Guest on 2015/10/30 10:39:30 AM    
Thank you for the explanation. I thought it was just plain jealousy of another client that you deleted the first link. That would have been misplaced jealousy because Tixati is a fantastic client!!

I'm sure the devs will come up with interesting ideas to implement this higher privacy in Tixati. I was thinking of sharing the blocklists with other Tixati clients to save time and computing energy. To create the blocklist for a each .torrent or magnet you have to check the seeding behaviour of each peer of that .torrent before you can decide if it is a spy or not.

If many Tixati clients are downloading the same file we should share and merge our blocklists for much quicker performance and faster updating of the dynamic blocklist for that download.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server