Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

metadata, doesn't recognize files created on samba share

by stresser on 2015/10/24 04:51:53 AM    
Good day,

Just started an ubuntu torrenting server, that is using a vpn etc. This is replacing an old failed windows server, that I used to use utorrent on.

Anyway, I've got the metadata set up to monitor a locally mounted folder from my other ubuntu fileserver, running samba just like I used to do with utorrent.

The issue I'm having is that Tixati does not seem to recognize that the torrents I save in there from my pc, into the mounted folder, is new and ignores it.

If I copy and paste the .torrent file while in the mounted folder on the server running Tixati, it sees the copy and launches the torrent and deletes the copied file just as intended. The original remains.

Copies made from else where on the network are ignored as well.

any idea what I can do to get this to work properly?

I assume samba isn't setting a flag or something that Tixati is looking for that gets set when I create the copy on the server local to Tixati... but I don't know what that is.

Can you help?

Cheers
by Guest on 2015/10/24 07:15:03 PM    
Maybe you could check the file operations log, you click the main help button in upper right corner, then on the dropdown menu there is a Diagnostics sub menu, then inside there you can get to the file operations log.  Maybe you can compare the difference in there somehow.

But you are probably right, it could be a linux problem with Samba shares sending change notifications through the system properly.  Samba has never worked great in Linux.  In my system, if I have a Nautilus (file explorer) window open on a share, it will not refresh itself if something is added from the Windows machine.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server