Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request: Version Build Number Always Shown

by Radish on 2015/10/23 02:34:40 PM    
I notice that still Tixati is not showing the build number as essential information for the user.

1) The startup 'splash screen' shows the version number but not the build number also.
2) Once Tixati has been full launched the window title shows the version number but does not include the build number.
3) If right-click on Tixati in the system tray and select "About Tixati" the dialogue that appears shows the version number but, again, the build number is missing.

Really in the long-run the developers would help themselves and users a lot if the information regarding the build number was always displayed to help the users report bugs and so on. E.g. Tixati v2.24-1, or Tixati v2.24-2 and so on.
by Guest on 2015/10/23 06:00:03 PM    
they always use a build number of 1 for any final release, I have never seen a -2

the only time is is actually used to differentiate is when they are alpha/beta testing, and on those test versions they do put the build number on the top of the main window in the caption.  it will say something like "v2.17a1" or "v2.17a2" and on...
by Radish on 2015/10/25 12:05:29 PM    
"they always use a build number of 1 for any final release, I have never seen a -2"

That sounds fine but I think my point still stands. The build number should always be shown even if it is always '1'. In coding terms it would trivial to arrange this - so why isn't it done?
by Guest on 2015/10/25 06:41:21 PM    
If it's always -1, why would they show it anywhere?  What is the point of that?

Obviously it would be trivial to do, if there was a reason.  The triviality of doing it isn't a reason TO do it.
by Guest on 2015/10/25 06:55:49 PM    
If it's always -1, why would they show it anywhere? What is the point of that?

endless pedantry and mindless conformity

i think not only should they show "build" numbers, but they should make them increment randomly on every release

that would be awesome

i would feel special if I was running 2.24-7254 ... it makes me feel like a man to see some extra numbers in the title bar .... i see that, and i want to go out and conquer the interwebs

/s ;)
by Guest on 2015/10/26 06:00:55 AM    
Oh god yes, please put a that useless -1 next to everywhere there is a 2.24.

That would look so good in the splash screen.  Excellent idea.

It's the way it should be.  Just because, you know, it should be like that.

Don't argue, it's easy to code.  Therefore, it should be done.

Not having the -1 makes me uncomfortable in my private areas.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server