Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

No incoming connections? Since 2.17 +/-

by Napsterbater on 2015/10/23 05:03:18 AM    
I was asked by another user on a torrent site if I had noticed that ever since 2.17+ if I had been getting incoming connections with Tix.

I hadn't noticed or paid attention before but I decided to start looking in 2.24 and after going though a few of my very active torrents with tons of peers, I have not 1 single incoming connection or peer listed as incoming, and the client has been running for 24hrs+.

Port are forwarded as always (manually not UPNP) and checked/confirmed open by "canyouseeme" and really the only change has been upgrading Tix. I can see the TCP and UDP ports bound to the IPv4 and v6 addresses in Resource Monitor and showing allowed, not restricted.

Anyone else seeing this?

My Tix is running on Windows 2012 r2 x64
by Guest on 2015/10/23 05:25:01 AM    
Everything is fine for me.  I just started a new torrent 10 minutes ago and just looked at the Link column for all the peers, and have a healthy mix of incoming outgoing tcp udp.  I'm on Linux.

Did you check your windows firewall?
by Guest on 2015/10/23 05:33:08 AM    
I am the same guest from last reply.

10 minutes later, I see that 80% of my connections are incoming.  So it's definitely working right here.

How about the numbers in the bottom-right of the Home view?  Increasing?

Are you sure you're not getting the little arrow-ball incoming/outgoing icons mixed up?  I sometimes get busy torrents that eventually have almost all connections incoming.
by Napsterbater on 2015/10/23 05:41:11 AM    
Did you check your windows firewall?

Resource Monitor is showing "allowed, not restricted" so firewall is not an issue.

Also canyouseeme reports the ports open for Ipv4, anouther site reports open for Ipv6

How about the numbers in the bottom-right of the Home view? Increasing?

Received is at 2.7Mil, 10-20 Negotiating, and "Placed" is 0.

Are you sure you're not getting the little arrow-ball incoming/outgoing icons mixed up? I sometimes get busy torrents that eventually have almost all connections incoming.

Every arrow is going out to the top right from the ball (even hovered over one just now, its outgoing), and Everything is DHT, PEX or Tracker, NONE say Incoming, and its multiple torrents with 300+ peers.

The other person that brought this to my attention is running Windows 10 x64
by Zeus on 2015/10/23 06:01:12 AM    
I find in 2.24 that setting "Incoming Peer Connection Encryption" to "Encrypted only" doesn't allow ANY incoming connections. Even with another Tixati client (2.16) "Outgoing Peer Connection Encryption" set for "Encrypted only" all you get is "Remote disconnected" when you try to connect to the 2.24 client.

2.24 has to be set to "Allow either" or no incoming connections at all.
by Napsterbater on 2015/10/23 06:24:31 AM    
So the other user seems to have figured out what conditions cause it.

Set "Incoming Peer Connection Encryption" to "Accept either" and prepare to be flooded with incoming connections. Tried another Tixati client on another computer and even with Encrypted Only outgoing connections all I get is "Peer disconnected" from 2.24 if it's set to require encrypted incoming.

Incoming Peer Connection Encryption set to Encrypted Only is breaking incoming connections.
by Napsterbater on 2015/10/24 08:57:31 PM    
Bump, as its kind of a big problem.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server