Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

2.24 Crash same as 2.23

by Guest on 2015/10/21 04:25:47 AM    
I am running Windows 10x64 Edition and am having the same crashes happening just like they have done in 2.23. These crashes happen only when I have the IP filtering set to block matched addresses. If I choose any other setting the program does not crash but works as expected although at a much slower rate than I would like for it to happen. I was in hopes 2.24 would fix the issue that happened in 2.23 when I updated a few days ago. Please let me know of any log files etc. that you may need to help work this issue out and I will be more than willing to comply. I did have the option after the crash to submit a report and have done that. Any other files you may need though as I stated earlier I will be more than willing to submit within reason. Thank you for all of the hard work for imo the best torrent program out there to date.
by KH on 2015/10/22 01:07:06 AM    
Hey thanks for letting us know, and sending in that report.

I've been working on this crash today, and am getting closer to figuring out the cause.

I have not been able to recreate this on any of our systems, and this seems to be an extremely rare crash that needs something very specific.  I can still figure this out from just the crash report and a few hours of code study, but if you have a minute and can answer a few questions it might help narrow down my search:

-Are you using your IP filter lists just to block peers, or do you have the "Applies To" checkboxes for trackers and RSS in use too?  Can you narrow it down to see which "Applies To" might be causing the crash?

-Do you have any unusual settings in Settings > Network > Connections ?

-Does changing "Maximum concurrent outgoing TCP/UDP connection attempts" in Settings > Network > Connections have any effect on reliability?  Does setting either of these two much higher or lower stop the crashing from happening as often?

-Do you do anything unusual in the peers tabs?  Do you remove peers often?  Ignore?  Force choke/unchoke?

If you can think of anything else that might be different it might be helpful.  Your crash is extremely rare, besides your reports from 2.23 and 2.24, only one other user crashed in the same spot in the past week.

Thanks again.
by Guest on 2015/10/22 07:08:46 AM    
I will do some testing later today when I have ample time to delve into it and report anything I find to you.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server