Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Separate Folder to Move Completed Downloads from Watch Folder

by TDD99CA on 2015/10/19 10:24:32 PM    
Not sure if this is possible now but will ask/request.

I have a watch folder set up so any torrent files dropped into it automatically start.  Tixati happily starts the download.  Perfect.

Now, how does one tell it to move that completed download to a specified folder automatically and every time?  Basically I just want the torrents that originate from the watch folder to
always end up in a specified folder (so another piece of software can automatically deal with them).

In reality, I would like two separate personalities here...one that I manually add torrents to and deal with, the other completely automated.  I don't want to install another client (Deluge, etc.) and integrate that with the other piece of software as Tixati beats them all.

Is there something that can be done with Categories and settings for a particular category?

Right now, I manually move them over to the desired folder and the other piece of software does the rest.  Just want this done by itself.

Thanks!
by Rudiger on 2015/10/19 11:39:10 PM    
Sorry I had to edit this post slightly because it mentioned by name another piece of software that handles/aggregates/indexes torrent files.

While that alone is not a problem, when I googled this piece of software and found their home page, it has a banner marquis full of references to copyrighted stuff (including images, much like a torrent site), so I can't take the chance.
by Guest on 2015/10/20 12:00:49 AM    
Hi this is actually quite simple if i understand your question correctly.

Go to Settings and under the Transfers section select Local files.

Now you will small greyed out box under the Default Download Location labelled "Upon Completion, move to this location"
Select said box and then select a folder.

Now Tixati will move ALL completed downloads to the said location.

As for Caterogies or certain downloads which ou may want to be moved to a different location?

Select torrents/category, Right Click, Local Files, Download Location, Browse.
You will be prompted to choose location. Also note last few selections will (/may) be displayed for quick access under the Browse option.

Hope i helped.
by Guest on 2015/10/20 12:27:22 AM    
OP, I know what you want to do.... but there is not a fully auto way just yet.

What you can do, if you have these transfers in their own category, is select that category at the same time as the Complete category near the top, so it only shows complete ones for your category.  Then ctrl-a in the main view to select all, right click, go to Meta Info > Save .torrent

I think what you ideally would want is for each category to be able to optionally watch it's own folder for .torrent files, and then each category has another optional folder to save a .torrent in automatically when a transfer in that category completes.

Would this work?
by Guest on 2015/10/20 12:48:31 AM    
>I think what you ideally would want is for each category to be able to optionally watch it's own folder for .torrent files, and then each category has another optional folder to save a .torrent in >automatically when a transfer in that category completes.

This is exactly the desired function.  Per category watch folders and destination folders.  This completely automates its downloading and moving around without manual intervention.  I do select them manually now but it seems to be a simple thing to add.  In reality, I just need to watch one folder and move its contents.  Having it further tied into categories makes it even more powerful.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server