Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati v2.23 crash without user interaction

by Guest on 2015/10/19 12:58:10 AM    
Today I have returned from work and, when I get to the computer after it being idle for approximately 12 hours, a message saying that tixati had an error and closed down appeared. I have never had a problem like this before with tixati, with an exception when I installed a mid version (those that get upgraded within a day) when I got an unexpected shut down without any advice. I want to know where the crash dump report lies so the reason behind this is revealed.
Anyway, thanks devs for this master piece of software, the best torrent client I have used ever.
Salutes from Chile.
by Guest on 2015/10/19 04:05:01 AM    
What OS are you using? i guess its not windows because you would be able to send the error report directly to tixati.

the crash report (i think) ends up on your desktop or where you are running tixati from. if you are having trouble finding it, try searching you computer for a file titled "tixati_crash_report.dat".
by KH on 2015/10/19 04:27:58 AM    
Thanks for reporting this.

This crash is rare, and will definitely be fixed in the next version, which should be out soon (weeks).  We've already received a few crash report files and figured out the cause.

For now, try to use the peer ignore feature as little as possible.  That will greatly reduce the odds of triggering this problem (although it can still happen in a few other rare instances.)
by Guest on 2015/10/19 04:47:52 AM    
I'm using Windows 10 and yes a "send crash report" suggestion could be seen, although I didn't used it (my bad). I wanted to see the error myself before sending it, but that's something I couldn't find thereafter. And KH, thanks for the tips, even when I don't use that feature you mention, I do choke peers when I notice they didn't share a thing over time and ratio is null in relation.
Thanks again for the fast answers.
by Guest on 2015/10/20 07:19:20 AM    
As for this error/crash I have noticed that if I drop peer connections on matched ip addresses it will result in a crashed program. However, this is not the case if I allow connections on non-matched connections therefore I am still able to block the ip addresses I do not want connecting to me and able to run the program without the dreaded crash. Just a work-around that I have found to work. I am looking forward to the bug fix soon though.
by KH on 2015/10/20 06:23:56 PM    
Version 2.24 has a fix for this and will be posted at some point today or tomorrow at the latest.
by Guest on 2015/10/25 09:26:52 PM    
Tixati v2.24 crash
screen debug visual studio - (modnote: pic forwarded to developers - thank you)
OS Windows Server 2008r2 64 bit

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server