Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Feature Request: Update Installation Instructions

by Radish on 2015/10/16 06:55:22 PM    
Hi,

New versions of Tixati being released fairly quickly now. Could I please request that for all downloads of Tixati (either 'installer' versions or 'portable' versions) that somewhere on the download page there is always a note saying if it is okay, or not okay, to keep using all the *.dat files from previous versions of Tixati. In effect, does this version need a full 'clean install' or is it possible to just replace the old version with the new version.
by Guest on 2015/10/16 07:22:51 PM    
From http://www.tixati.com/download/windows.html

Upgrading From Previous Versions
If you are upgrading from an old version, do not uninstall the old version first.  The new version will overwrite the old one cleanly.

DAT files have always been compatible between versions, and Tixati never has required an uninstall before upgrade.  In fact, if you try to uninstall through Add/Remove programs it will warn you not to do it if you are just upgrading.  (That would clear all your settings).
by Radish on 2015/10/17 01:37:35 PM    
Okay, thanks for the information. However, I would note that this information is not contained on the download page for Tixati Portable (which is what I prefer to use). So can I make the suggestion that install instructions concerning *.dat files are included on the Tixati Portable download page in future.

Thanks again.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server