Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

VPN disconnect feature?

by Guest on 2013/09/24 12:22:29 PM    
Does Tixati have a feature whereby it will automatically shut down if your VPN disconnects unexpectedly?
by Guest on 2014/04/25 10:52:59 PM    
Same question here - I recently had to re-configure my paid vpn service to run openvpn instead of l2tp. My worthless isp is somehow preventing me from making a secure/anonymous connection, regardless of which server/country I attempt to connect through. I have looked through Tixati support/forum for some kind of "auto kill switch" in case my openvpn connection is broken but no luck. Any solution?
by Guest on 2015/11/11 12:48:20 AM    
Yes, a VPN disconnect feature is still wanted.  Thanks.
by Guest on 2015/11/11 12:57:41 AM    
This is already here in 2.25+

Go into Settings > Network > Connections and look toward the bottom for "Local Address".

There's a little button next to it, click it and find your VPN adapter name.
by Guest on 2015/11/11 03:55:03 PM    
I use VPN Lifeguard and when my VPN disconnects VPN Lifeguard will automatically shut down Tixati and then restart it once a connection has been re-established.
by Guest on 2015/11/13 01:30:37 AM    
This is already here in 2.25+

Go into Settings > Network > Connections and look toward the bottom for "Local Address".

There's a little button next to it, click it and find your VPN adapter name.

THIS

Make sure you update to 2.25 or better!  You don't need anything extra, Tixati has this feature and it works great.
by rainynight on 2015/11/29 08:13:33 AM    
OpenVPN in Merlin FW for Asus has that feature. Set static ip, and choose to block that ip if VPN goes down.
by OldTatoosh on 2019/07/18 02:22:03 AM    
PIA VPN has a kill switch feature which will help assure you don't reveal your actual IP if there is a hiccup with your provider.  I'm a newbie in terms of knowing how to configure security on VPN's and torrents, but double kill switches sounds good to me, one on Tixati and the other on my VPN
by Guest on 2019/07/28 08:56:35 PM    
In my settings, I use the following:

Options, network, connections, local IPv4 address or interface:

there are 6 different items listed, I'm with ExpressVPN and there is a TAP selection listed called:

"ExpressVPN Tap Adapter"

So when choosing, ensure that you select the CORRECT entry, some companies utilize their own adapter so look for your adapter.
by Snipe on 2019/08/16 06:25:14 AM    
ExpressVPN is terrible for torrenting because they don't offer port forwarding.  Get off that shit.
by Guest on 2019/09/09 04:19:18 PM    
No to mention that these days, many VPNs offer a "kill switch" that will automatically disconnect your entire internet if it's disconnected from the client.  Think of it as a backup and it works fine for my vpn client...
by JWvL_software on 2019/10/27 08:48:10 AM    
I fixed this with my final choice, after numerous test, due to fastest speeds (only 50% of my bandwidth not 25% with all others for PtP; ExpressVPN.

I applied tunneling and use it to only apply to Tixati and set to disable when disconnected.

Jan-Willem vanLohuizen
by JWvL_software on 2019/10/27 09:22:47 AM    
JWvL_software wrote:
I fixed this with my final choice, after numerous test, due to fastest speeds (only 50% of my bandwidth not 25% with all others for PtP; ExpressVPN.
I applied tunneling and use it to only apply to Tixati and set to disable when disconnected.

WOW! Check this out both IPv4 & IPv6 work now with ExpressVPN connected:
https://imageshack.com/i/plBSYMGMp

Jan-Willem vanLohuizen

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server