Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Version 2.21 and mapped network drives

by Guest on 2015/10/15 08:58:30 PM    
I tried running Tixati version 2.21 on my Windows 10, I store my downloads on a mapped Network drive on my NAS.

But the (old) problem regarding Tixati constantly checking the completed and saved pieces still exist.
Do you have any plan for solving this issue?

Actually, I was under the impression that the problem had been solved in an earlier release?
by Guest on 2015/10/16 01:08:46 AM    
in v2.23, go into settings > transfers > local files

there is a checkbox at the bottom that says something like "Skip last write time checks" which will turn off the checking of the last modified times on saved files

you really should update the firmware on your NAS box, the problem with some of these units is they have very very buggy firmware, and when accessing any file for reading, it will advance the last modified time... even if the file is opened in read-only mode.  This wreaks havoc with backup utilities too.
by Guest on 2015/10/16 07:23:14 AM    
The check-box says (for your information) "Permissive last-write time checks" and I always has this enabled.

Why do you assume that my Synology NAS is not updated?
It runs the latest DSM released version.

Tixati has had this error for as long as I remember (version 1.98)
Once in a while I check with the newest version to see if the issue has been resolved.
Everytime, unfortunately the same result.
by Guest on 2015/10/16 12:39:53 PM    
the checkbox changed in 2.23, you should update and try it, probably will solve your problems

and btw, yes, your NAS unit is not doing file last modified times correctly... bad firmware or drivers, it happens to a lot of NAS units, also some junky linux filesystem drivers can do this too

this is an issue with your equipment, not tixati... they have been kind enough to try to deliver a work-around for other people's bugs, but I've watched how the lastmod times work on these devices, and they are definitely broken in this respect.  files should not increment their lastmod time unless they were opened for writing, period.  you can watch the file diagnostic log for yourself, or just do simple experiments outside of tixati, reading and writing to files, to verify what i am saying

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server