Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Tixati getting banned on some private sites

by Guest on 2015/10/06 06:36:08 PM    
As the title states two of my favourite sites banned Tixati client, and gave me a warning because I am using Tixati. Had to stop all the transfers and now I'm forced to use some other crap, but I really like Tixati.

The problem as both sites stated is present in Tixati's way of reporting the traffic it makes with the torrent to the server, and ambiguity regarding start and stop of torrent transfer.

Could you please take a look at those issues and correct them because Tixati really looks awesome and it works like a charm...at least for the end-user...

Real sorry...hope you can correct those issues....
by Guest on 2015/10/07 12:47:17 AM    
just spoof being one of the approved clients.

on the transfers tab, select a torrent and go to options tab, then go to peers. just change your 'Local Peer ID' to an approved client.
by Pete on 2015/10/07 10:37:21 PM    
ambiguity regarding start and stop of torrent transfer
This isn't very helpful. Maybe if you provided the devs information what exactly is wrong with Tixati communication with their tracker, the problem could be repaired. I tested Tixati on multiple private trackers. In my opinion it announces to tracker as any bittorrent program should. If it works OK, upload and download stats are correct, I guess they aren't honest with you, there is another cause for ban.
by Guest on 2015/10/09 07:08:46 PM    
First things first - screw noob sites and their noob admins.

Consider using a non-noob site for the same files, plenty of trackers around. You'll know it's a non-noob site when they only blacklist torrent clients with known, real, properly and universally tested problems instead of relying on hearsay and pure ignorance to enforce their petty close-minded views on their users. A good site allows all clients by default and only ban clients in serious and confirmed situations as described, not the other way around.

With that out of the way, yeah, like Pete says I'd ask them to give you a log with the data to back their statements, then provide it to the Tixati devs for analysis. If there are any real problems, they will be verified and corrected this way. And if the admins in question refuse to this simple request, it only confirms they are noobs and liars with a bias against specific clients, nothing more to it.
by rzainaddin on 2015/10/12 06:55:05 AM    
Maybe they do not like Tixati... or the name is little strength or  or or ...

It is funny

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server