Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Only downloading 99%

by EverestMan on 2013/09/23 06:21:59 AM    
So I'm not really sure whats going on here but Tixati will inform me that the download has completed, and it will show 100%.  I will run a 'Force Check' and everything will be fine.  However, if I start the torrent up again, Tixati will check it and it will only show 99%.  After downloading the last few bits again, I will repeat the process and it will be missing the exact same amount it was missing the first time.  Any ideas as to whats up here?  I'm kind of stumped.
by EverestMan on 2013/10/07 09:33:50 PM    
Anybody here know whats going on?
by Guest on 2013/10/07 10:42:04 PM    
I have this problem too and i have afraid to upgrade Linux Mint without copying ".tixati" folder.

In my opinion, there is a problem with hashchecking...or need to do careful with changing path ie: directory, disk path name, or maybe even torrent file name. One of these brings to your question but there are other reasons to bring on the 99.9% problem.

I reported something similar before, I hope they'll adjust in future versions, as I have read many others with the same case with Tixati 99.9% previously showed 100% but something happened like i said above or has happened to me so.

I do not know where the problem lies in the fact?

1) hashchcking...?
2) Tixati, or lying when says 100% for some files?

I am aware that there is not always that report 100% is fake but in 600 DVD 30 of them have some problems downloading pieces one 2MB another one 4MB up to 20 or 30MB or sometimes higher, some people said it's a router problem, but there are other thread on google to other 99.9% seems a universal problem. However I also have this issue.

This issue happen on seed, always on seed no downloading, because i download 100% and seed it. A move from folders, driver letter or hashchecking... so. that's it 100% = 99.9%

Sometimes rechecking a 100% file ends downloading some missing piece 8mb 20 or higher.

Running
Linux Mint 15
Tixati 1.96
by Guest on 2013/10/08 06:28:01 AM    
Yes, I'm noticing this too. I'm about to upgrade to 1.96, hoping I don't have to force check my torrents anymore... :)
by Bugmagnet on 2013/10/18 11:35:47 AM    
We Are the 99%!

Trademark resistance?  :)

I got to this problem via a different route.
I went to a site that offered a long list of videos I was interested in and they had a torrent option, which of course I preferred since it would give me more files to seed.

However, once I downloaded and started the torrents they all showed 0 seeds, 0 peers
I looked at the torrents and they were archives of all versions of the videos and a few miscellaneous gif/jpg files
Since there were no seeds, I decided to reconstruct the content using the direct downloads from the site.
Typically these consisted of HD and SD versions in both mp4 and ogv formats, 4 video files in all.

Once I downloaded the files directly using the "Save file as" option, I moved them into the respective torrent folder then did a  - all reported 99% with one exception...

The site did not have a link for the SD.ogv version. So I copied the link for the HD.ogv version, pasted it into the browser address bar, edited it to SD.ogv and entered that URL.  For some reason, firefox intercepted and started playing this file (my FF options are set to ask me for .ogv files so bug there)

I have the downloadhelper addon installed so used that to capture the stream. Once done, I moved it into the torrent folder and did a  - this then reported 100%. I had to use this process for 2 videos so far and when using DLH to capture the file checked at 100% both times.

Hope the dev team can get a clue from this about the 99% anomaly.

Also, while these torrents showed 0 seeds and 0 peers for a long time after starting them (and after I emailed the site to see if they could resume a trickle feed seed, I noticed some seeds and peers showed for certain ones of these torrents. But so far, none of the 99% files within the torrents has completed to 100%.  On a 3rd try with this method, the files checked at only 99%.

I am noting that the missing 1% is always at the end or the beginning, or both (then showing 98%, with 2 1% pieces not checking out).
by Nili on 2013/10/18 04:40:03 PM    
Waiting to hit version Linux Mint 16 but I fear that many time i pass version to another one I have a problem with some file that stand 99.9%

I actually have on seed 100% 700 DVD
But when time come to change my Linux Mint 15 to 16 I am very sure will stuck to 99.9% on some of them and the worst is that happened occasionally during upgrade, how about there are no more seeders to complete 100%? i can't complete the file to appear 100% again as seeders no leechers.. For the moment I found a solution, i copy the core folder ".tixati" and paste to the new version of Mint "/home/me/.tixati thus remain 100% if path of my HDDS does not have been changed. Yet I fear that if you do hashchecking something will again remained 99.9%.

Hope will have a check and fix in the future because for me as seeders this thing of hasch checking is disturbing.
by bitrogue on 2013/10/28 01:42:26 AM    
Hi. I've also encountered this problem but in a way that might provide some more insight hopefully for the troubleshooters. I've just recently decided to swap KTorrent for Tixati (ver 1.96). This decision meant that I had to transfer all my existing torrents from Ktorrent to Tixati. Each new torrent I import, naturally, does a force check to make sure the chunks and hash check is all correct. This process went fine until I hit some of the more popular torrents.

What I noticed when I imported about 4 or 5 fairly large torrents is that they queued up, force checking one at a time. But surprisingly while this was happening they all started to register connections and downloads. Panic! because these torrents are all complete, no need to download any more. They only need to be checked and then move straight to seed. Well, I couldn't find anything to block the download without completely stopping the torrent and the check, so I restricted them to 1kb minimum bandwidth use, but the damage was already done. When the force check completed, they all registered 98% or 99% complete and I let them download the rest and then they went to seed.

What it seems to me is that downloading continues to take place while the force check is happening. This downloading overwrites existing downloaded chunks rendering the 100% completed torrent to be no longer complete. This is about the best way to describe what I can see happening. Hope this helps.
by Guest on 2014/12/05 06:14:45 AM    
Hello Freand's

Please Help:-

I am very happy with tixati. I've been trying to download two movies. one stopped at 98%. the other stopped at 89%. Now what do I have to complete it 100%.I checked DHT ,force check, top priority seeds but still at same. Please help on this issue.What should I do. Will you help me I will be glad.

thanks

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server