Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Possible Bug]Uploading makes RAM go nuts?

by Guest on 2015/09/25 10:39:40 AM    
Hello,
I've been using Tixati for quite a while now, and I must say it's a very good software, but today I encountered probably a serious bug.
I've been doing some upload when I started to notice that my system started to act slowly. I checked the task manager, and it showed that something has eaten my RAM so much it was up to 95% instead of 50% (I have 6 GB RAM). I tried doing everything, and then I just tried to Stop the Upload I was doing in Tixati.
It worked, my RAM usage was back to normal... I tested it again - same problem happened, RAM was being waten by Tixati, and the Upload Size was around 40 GB... I thought maybe my IPFilter does that, but after disabling it it still happened... Restarting the program didn't help... Potential Serious Bug?
P.S. Task Manager didn't show any suspicious activity from Tixati - it showed RAM usage pretty much around 40-50 MB.
by Guest on 2015/09/25 02:24:42 PM    
send that torrent with explanation of what went on to the devs. support@tixati.com

P.S. Task Manager didn't show any suspicious activity from Tixati - it showed RAM usage pretty much around 40-50 MB.

if taskmanager only showed tixati with 40-50 MB how are you getting the much higher RAM?
by Guest on 2015/09/25 10:46:30 PM    
I just don't know - it writes only 50 MB, but RAM percentage increases time to time, but after I pause that upload it immediatly drops a lot of RAM and it goes back to normal.
by Guest on 2015/09/26 10:36:54 AM    
happens if you use settings/transfers/local files/peer read caching -> direct reads ?
by Pete on 2015/09/26 02:24:15 PM    
Maybe some other software is very busy when Tixati is running? For example an anti virus could use a lot of RAM.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server