Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Problems preventing me from using tixati. (EDITED)

by Guest on 2015/09/15 08:38:52 PM    
I had to remove Tixati before I even had a chance to use it because of several issues that kept annoying me.

After installing, I am harassed with a second license agreement window then I am hit with another popup window that was harassing me about network settings, this window did not respond to the ESC key. Then I was hit with yet another harassing dialog window, something about file location, every time I hit the ESC key, it just popped back up and kept doing so. So I tried closing the program and was hit with a forth annoying message about closing or minimizing to the trey which forced me to kill it with the task manager which I then deleted Tixati.

I am sick of developers forcing them to suffer through a barrage of constant dialog windows. JDownloader is the worst offender of that practice.

When I use a program, I don't want anything popping up on me nor do I want my commands questioned. When I tell a program to close or delete something, I don't want to be asked if that's what I really want. I just want to be left alone so I can get to know the program on my own. When I give a device or software a command, I expect it to comply immediately and without fail or questioning)

Lastly, the installer created an icon on my desktop and never asked me for my permission to do so. I would really like to make Tixati my new torrent client but I won't be able to in the state it's in.
by Guest on 2015/09/16 02:26:40 AM    
Some people need/want those dialog and popup boxes. some features are not obvious and need the dialog box, and some things should be set up before you start running the program. not everyone is an expert at torrents and torrent programs.

you must close the windows (close button/x in corner) to make them go away, esc key does not work.

and you do realize that after you run it the first time it remembers your choices and doesn't ask you questions or show you information you already saw. if you had bothered to keep running it or run it again you would see that Tixati is quick to start, works great and is hassle free (those popups and dialog boxes are not hassles, and you usually only see them once).
by Guest on 2015/09/16 03:20:11 AM    
I think rtorrent might satisfy the OP. No pop-ups there.

Honestly if that stuff annoyed you to the extent which you didn't/won't use tixati I have a difficult time understanding how your patience would hold up learning how to use the software.
by Guest on 2015/09/16 05:28:29 PM    
therapy
by Guest on 2015/09/21 12:42:48 PM    
Let's break this down:
Did Mr/Ms Harassed download a legit Freeware version of Tixati from here?
or a HarassWare version from somewhere else?

Tixati versions from 1.96 to 2.16 have been 'Harass free' downloaded from here.
Merely click n tick a few option boxes so the program can run according to your needs, and that's it, done.

'Harassment' is annoying popups, adware and update browser, java, flash prompts you don't need,
and trolls b!tching about minor inconveniences when installing a good program ;)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server