Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Need Help sharing files, Tixati please !!!!!

by Guest on 2015/09/02 01:33:21 PM    
Hello,

First of all, thanks for reading this thread.

As the title states, i need help sharing files.

First of all i'm using Tixati.

So here is my problem.

Earlier on i was downloading files into my c:drive, however it was getting too full.
So i decided to get a 4TB dedicated share and download HDD.

I then bought a HDD and copied the whole download folder to my new HDD.
I also changed my settings so that my downloads go to the new folder.
As i restarted Tixati, all my old downloads continued to download so i am all happy.

However, all the files that I had completed downloading are gone and not sharing.
Only 1 or 2 newly completed files.

So... How do i share the whole files in the folder again so all the files in the folder share again.
by Guest on 2015/09/02 02:44:26 PM    
The Torrents that have already been downloaded point to the file location to which they were originally saved although new torrents will save to the new Disk.

You need to go through the torrents and move them.

The completed torrents are pointing to the old location on your hard drive.

Right Click on Torrent - Local Files - Location - Move.

If you select the location there the torrent data is now stored on the new disk then Tixati should check that all the files match the data in the original torrent.

Depending on your Operating system etc. it might also be possible to point your Old Tixati Folder to the new Disk through a symbolic link.  That might then let Tixati see all the old torrrent data without manually moving each torrent.

In principle it should also be possible to edit one of the the Tixati setting files which contains the list of torrents downloaded but I don;t think there's a published interface to this.
by Sailor24 on 2015/09/03 09:00:32 AM    
Is there a chance you plugged this new drive into your router or is it plugged into your computer?
by Guest on 2015/09/03 11:59:46 AM    
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the replies.

So ill answer the reply to the first post.

I copied the torrents to the new HDD... (Crap!!) This was because i used Teracopy which is a file checksum program.

I didnt use the "Right Click on Torrent - Local Files - Location - Move." way.

I also selected the location where the torrent download data is stored but Tixati does not seem to see the old download there?

How i do do this "Symbolic link" thing?

Thanks for your comments by the way.

For the second post.

Yes its hooked up to my computer. Its my new F Drive.
by Guest on 2015/09/09 10:03:27 AM    
Hello Hello, anyone her can help me?
by Guest on 2015/10/02 05:49:03 AM    
Thanks man...

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server