Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

[Feature suggest] Peer - Time connected?

by Guest on 2015/08/29 10:00:31 PM    
Hello!
As a happy tixati user, i have a question:
Is there any way to modify tixati so i can see how much time i am connected to some peer?
This would help me disconnect from peers that are slow or inactive - only taking their slots and do nothing, they are only connected.
I am doing that manually (ignoring) and see improved download rate. I dont think it's placebo.. :P

http://postimg.org/image/7hvp562nf/
As you can see there are many connected peers that only sits there for long periods of time having only few Kbytes In. When i ignore them, new connects (some of them are still too (so i ignore them too), but some start sending actual pieces). A bit frustrating when you want your torrent to download ASAP.

And this thinking leads me to question nr two:
If there is a way to see peer connection time - can tixati auto disconnect from peer that has a bad download rate, so the slot will be gived to another peer and everything will go faster?

Thanks for any replies :)
by Pete on 2015/08/30 06:34:16 PM    
Actually Tixati disconnects slow peers after some period of time. I think, what you describe is a normal situation. Most peers have much more connection slots than upload slots, so it is inevitable that many connected peers will send you nothing for long periods of time. Tixati waits because it may be unchoked any time by such peer.
by Guest on 2015/09/10 09:27:42 PM    
Yes, it "may" be unchoked. but when it isn't, it just sits connected and idle.
Disconnecion by dl-ratio in some given time would speed up download time, as does ignoring connected-idle peers.
Example:
My bandwidth limit is 1200kb/s. There are 2000+ peers that upload torrent. I am connected to 15 of them (completed), where 7 upload data to me, and 8 sits idle waiting for their time. But these 7 only give me about 400kb/s, so why not ignore some idle ones - new connects, 2 of them starts upload data to me, and 6 are idle - again  ignore bad ones, and so forth.

I'm not saying that idles won't start send data eventually.. I'm saying that this process should be optimized (not many connections, but fast speeds).
Moreover, i can download something with 500kb/s with bandtwidth 1200kb/s, and lets say in the middle of download it jumps to 800-1200kb/s becose new peers connected / idle ones awoke (not sure wich). All that time i am connected to peers with 100% completion, so i just don't get it - and that's why i started ignoring peers.
(i ma not talking about peers that have not completed download - these are fine as it is)

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server