Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Different instances in Linux

by Guest on 2015/08/21 12:49:54 PM    
Not sure how to word this question so I'll try to keep it simple and brief, but if it is confusing I'll try to clarify anything further.

Running Debian (jessie) Mate. And Tixati v2.16

I'm in my browser --> click download .torrent --> prompted to open file with Tixati --> "yes"
The file is downloading fine but I need to restart my computer so I do.

When I boot back up, I start tixati, but the file is no longer there.

I open a browser --> find a different .torrent --> click download --> prompted etc. --> it opens another instance of tixati with the original file still there and it resumes downloading.

When I search for the different processes with the command "~$ ps aux | grep -i tixati" I see that the instance that is downloading the files is located in /usr/bin/tixati while the version not downloading anything is simply listed as tixati.

So I close them both and try to just run "~$ /usr/bin/tixati" but again I get a blank instance not downloading anything.

I am a bit new with Linux so hoping someone can give me a lead as to why there are different disconnected instances running and how I can prevent it.

I will also mention that I only downloaded and installed Tixati once, so I didn't install different versions in different places or anything.

Thanks.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server