Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Same folder name

by Black_Sun on 2015/08/18 04:13:31 PM    
Can you please tell me how to disable on tixati to auto rename folders on "Pre-Download Transfer Configuration" phase
For example you have name "Name_of_some" and if you download different torrent with the same name it's renames it to (1)Name_of_some, (2)Name_of_some, etc.
Is there way to disable auto renaming?
by Black_Sun on 2015/08/24 06:58:37 PM    
Do you have bug tracker?
Where i can place the "Feature request: Add an a option to disable automatic adding the number(like: (1)name, (2)name etc) for torrents with the same name"?
by Guest on 2015/08/25 02:48:35 AM    
you just placed your feature request. the forum is the place for requests.

btw, i think it has to do that (renaming the file) if you have the same name. it cant have 2 files with the same name.
by Black_Sun on 2015/10/21 09:20:11 PM    
Can anyone help, maybe there already is such option like "to not check matching name in torrents"?

To avoid window which says:
"Existing transfer with matching name"
"Each transfer should have a different name to eliminate the possibility of local file conflicts."
by wdc on 2018/02/20 11:17:00 AM    
I am bothered by this too.

Not rare case when i have two torrents having common files and when i add such torrent, it gets renamed to (1)namehere, so i rename it to something more meaningful likenamehere - duplicate, privatetrackernamehere and it automatically rename the parent folder on my HDD which is bad because i need same folder name as my first torrent so files match for both torrents.

I would like to be able to rename torrent (in Tixati list of torrents/transfers) without renaming folders on my HDD, it should be by default that way and folders renaming should be done in some more detailed configuration section. (right click, Local Files).
by Guest on 2018/02/21 01:47:20 AM    
That is the biggest problem to deal with using Tixati so far for me.

I have same issue on that, having same torrent from diffrent trackers, upon adding its location folder name is set with prefix '(x)' x-number.
So, when I have files already downloaded, for other tracker they can be hahsed only, without being downloaded again and counting download rate.

If there would be a way upon adding same named torrents to allow them get location in default folder without renaming to its own and to check files and stop without starting to download.
by Guest on 2018/02/21 02:18:34 AM    
This also leads to another issue.
When same torrent from different trackers is loaded, folders are named the same way, it may occur that a file within is different.
Of course you can uncheck it from downloading and try to start but its not possible.

Example:
Torrent contains files collection: file1, file2, file3.
Added from two different trackers tracker1 and tracker2.

Tracker1 collection contains: file1, file2, file3
Tracker2 collection contains: file2, file3, and file1 that has different size

Can it be done that way, missing file/different is omitted and to Tracker2 job can be started without file1 being downloaded, just skipped within collection?
by Pete on 2018/02/22 10:52:58 PM    
You can do that, set the same folder name, Tixati will merge transfers' files. Do make a copy of both folders before trying this.

When a file has same name but is different, you can rename it (with Tixati) before merging.
by Guest on 2018/03/08 04:29:21 AM    
My experience with this issue is that if you have two torrents (eg a private tracker torrent and a puiblic tracker torrent) that both point to the same item:
(1) Tixati will successfully handle both torrents if they point to a FOLDER (you get a Merge message, decline it)
(2) Tixati cannot handle both torrents if they point to a single FILE -- you will need to duplicate the file, add a "(1)" prefix to the file name, and then the second torrent added will locate the file and seed it successfully.
by Guest on 2019/12/08 06:24:46 PM    
I have the same problem.
When I download the same torrent witch I already downloaded but torrent is updated and added new files the new folder is created with (x) x-number.
This is my only big problem with Tixati, other clients just ask you "The folder is already exists create new folder? YES NO" If you choose NO you will download to the same folder. I don't want to change client again but this is really bothering me, idk how long I will last with this problem when almost all of my torrents updates every week.
Devs please do something about this.
by Guest on 2020/12/07 01:44:35 PM    
Any news on this? Same here... when monitored through rss torrent updated with new episode of tv show for example, tixati renaming new folder to (1)folder and downloads whole season in a new folder again... each time torrent updates I have new big folder instead of recheck and download to same folder :|

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server