Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

1.99 to recent release, download significantly worsen?

by Guest on 2015/08/15 06:35:51 AM    
Recently got a prompt to update, 2.16 I believe.

2.16 is having hard time using up  my allowed bandwidth, just roll back to 1.99 and all bandwidth is used up in matter of seconds.

I had tried resetting the setting by deleting the setting files in Tixati app data folder but no help.
by Guest on 2015/08/17 05:03:37 AM    
Same here can't get more than 1Mb of 6Mb, despite having 20 or more dl's with many seeders
by Guest on 2015/08/19 02:55:38 AM    
Yeah, same here, bad download speeds on 2.16-1.win64; so I rolledback to 2.15-1.win64, but same problem. Then I rolled-back to 2.11-1.win64, and I can see that Tixati can better utilize the bandwidth, but I'd say that still the speed is not as stabile as it was on 1.99...but 2.11 does use less system resource.

Had to rollback to 1.99 too, and improvement is somewhat visible, the speed is much more stabile.

Anyway, thank you so much for making this beautiful software, it is so user-friendly...I did rollback trough all those previous versions in matter of minutes...the code must be so clever that it warms my heart!

Keep up the good work! :)
by JWvL_software on 2015/09/17 01:32:56 PM    
I had the same problem and didn't have time to research until now. Even tweaked for quite a time to get the optimum transfers.

Was not getting any total dl's speed greater than 1.5Mbs. No individual dl's greater than 200k.

Now I located and after insuring that none of the malware was installed, have been testing v1.99 with awesome results.
The images tell the story.

http://imgur.com/dGkQArU

http://imgur.com/RYfq4kJ

I am even using a LAN with a Seagate Central Drive not an internal drive like I was before, because of preparing a reformat Windows 7 re-install.

Please go back and restore whatever was removed after this version so I can get up to 8Mbs total dl speeds again with a current version. (Just missed that screenshot after several 1GB+ files that had just finished five minutes earlier. They all dl'd in less than 5 minutes.)

Thank You Very Much

JWvL
by entropy on 2015/09/17 05:40:52 PM    
Maybe some settings carried over from previous version(s) might be related?

I've been running 2.16, the first ever tixati experience for me, and I've been able to use my entire bandwidth (inbound and/or seeding) on my personal ISP connection which is ~30/6 megabit/s connection.
by Guest on 2015/09/24 02:33:21 AM    
No issues here on win 7 x64

All versions from 1.96 to 2.16 give the maximum upload and download speeds possible

-----------------

People with issues I can only suggest to uninstall Tixati totally,
do a couple of computer shut down and restarts to clear things up,
then install Tixati fresh again.

Good Luck
by Pete on 2015/09/25 09:11:02 PM    
You can also try the Tixati Portable, it uses separate configuration files from the regular one.

I don't see any difference in download speed between 1.99 and 2.16. The latest Tixati uses whole of my 80Mbit download with no problem.
by Guest on 2015/09/28 05:53:02 PM    
There are several reports of UPNP port forwarding problems with the latest version.

If port forwarding is failing or erratic, that could mean you can still connect to a tracker but will have trouble connecting to several peers, and/or your speeds will be significantly lower.

Could be related.

Solution: fix UPNP on latest versions.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server