Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Forum suggestion: Separate Posts into Categories

by JWvL_software on 2015/08/15 02:05:26 AM    
It would make posts much easier to go thru if each release or release candidate got it's own separate category so when things change old posts that are no longer relevant can be archived so to speak.

The ability to close a post by a mod or the original poster when the issue is resolved or applies only to an outdated release.

Separate Gui from Background.

Forum issues as opposed to the software.

Separate Feature Requests from Bugs.

Pinning the Software Name post and locking it.

Oh making a distinction for large amount of postings so nubies can trust more experienced posters and for as Donors along side in their username.
Thank You Very Much,

JWvL
by Radish on 2015/08/17 03:23:42 PM    
I agree with what you say. At minimum need to have separate forums for Feature Requests and Bug Reports, though still keeping the (general) Help and Support forum. That said I think that there should be two forums for Feature Requests:

1) Feature Requests for Tixati.
2) Feature Requests for the Forums webpages (and the "Help & Support" webpages).

Also, though, to make Bug Reports useful to users and for developers, the build number for Tixati needs to be clearly shown when Tixati launches. For example, the latest stable release of Tixati is v2.16 but nowhere in the program can I find the build number if I want to successfully report a bug. Presumably the current Tixati stable release is really v2.16-1. (In effect, build number "1".) So what happens if a serious bug is found in the currently numbered v2.16 and that bug gets fixed and a bug free stable version is released - that would need to be numbered v2.16-2. Without doing this Tixati is going to be tying itself in knots dealing with bug reports (as will users too).

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server