Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Can't forward ports with UPNP on 2.16 - timeout too fast ?

by Guest on 2015/08/15 01:48:12 AM    
I've been using Tixati for a while and I never had any problems forwarding ports through UPNP on previous Tixati versions. Just upgraded from Tixati 2.12 to 2.16, and now all I get is "no routers responded, will retry every 5 minutes" both for TCP and UDP.

Already tried different ports and rebooted my router just in case, but no luck. Tracker communication and transfers are okay, just can't get port-forwarded (Status on main window remains "Unconfirmed" indefinitely). It was working fine on Tixati 2.12 just minutes before and always did, same machine and same everything else.

The feeling I get is that the port forward attempt now times out too fast, not allowing the router the chance to get it through. Of course, it could be something else entirely, I have no idea if you made other changes to the port forwarding code of Tixati since 2.12. Whatever it is, something seems to have changed for the worse, guys - code regression in order ?

Version tested: Tixati 2.16 Windows 32-bit
by Guest on 2015/08/19 11:34:42 AM    
Just to add some data to the above, I have since rolled back to 2.12 and it's confirmed that port forwarding immediately started working normally again, so for the time being I have no choice but to keep using 2.12. Definitely something wrong with this on the latest versions.

Any further ideas ? Thank you.
by EricG on 2015/08/28 10:06:31 PM    
I have the same problem on a 10 year old TrendNet. Disabled uPnP and enabled the port on router.
by Guest on 2015/09/11 04:54:40 PM    
Same exact problem here with a Thomson TG784n. Was working okay up to and including Tixati 2.12.

It's not very practical for me to manually forward ports since I change them often, hence the advantage of UPNP. I hope this gets reverse-fixed soon. Thank you.
by Guest on 2015/09/16 07:43:40 PM    
I can confirm also on WNDR3700 V1. UPNP not working efter version 2.12. have revertet back to that version now.
by Guest on 2015/10/11 08:25:53 AM    
try the alpha, much work has been done.

http://testing.tixati.com
by Guest on 2015/10/13 05:39:59 PM    
I'm the OP of this thread.

I'm glad to report that, as of the newly released Tixati 2.18 , UPNP now seems to be working normally again. Great job, guys!

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server