Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

open source    🔒  

by griest024 on 2015/08/14 08:45:42 PM    
Hey guys! I've used tixati for many years and its by far the best P2P client I've found. Is there an open source project that I can contribute to? There are some things I want to tweak and a couple features I would love to add. I also would like to port it to android.
by Guest on 2015/10/21 01:47:16 PM    
That is a good question. I am also interested in open source version of Tixati.
by Guest on 2015/10/22 08:23:34 PM    
oh, not again

forum.tixati.com/offtopic/112
by cvbn on 2015/10/23 04:46:16 AM    
There are very very few people in the world that could contribute meaningfully to a project that is written in C++14, especially if it is such a complex project with a huge code-base.  These guys barely get usable help from anyone with alpha-testing and debugging.

Despite what the open-source religion would have everyone believe, going open source would be a disaster.  Nobody would be implementing any new features or helping.  But there would be lots of crappy re-branded knock-off clients that would appear overnight, each one trying to get their own little slice of the pie without the hard work, each one looking like a crippled frankenstein, each one devaluing the original, and each one taking away the motivation from the developers that made this software from scratch in the first place.

No thanks.

There are plenty of other clients that embrace the open-source philosophy, and they all suck.  No coincidence.
by Rudiger on 2015/10/23 05:38:44 AM    
I have to close this thread now because this is a very hot topic with some people and it will quickly get out of control, as it always has in the past.

If anyone wants to discuss this, please check out the URL from a few replies above ^^^ that links to another post in the off-topic section.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server