Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

v2.16 again causes regular and long freezes

by JWvL_software on 2015/08/14 02:53:50 AM    
After upgrading from v2.15 i can hardly use it.

It freezes every few seconds after the previous freeze.

I have been forced to kill several times now after 5 minutes or more of no response.

I'm thinking that it has to do with file checking but not sure.

I have found that doing an alt+tab and changing windows unfreezes it sometimes.

Any ideas?
by Guest on 2015/08/15 12:53:28 AM    
Now that this has posted, here is a more detailed explanation.

The background processes are not effected.

The gui is the problem however, but it clears up about an hour later, after all the file checking is done.

But one case and point can still occur randomly. Clicking down or up in the scroll bar, especially in the main transfer window.

http://i.imgur.com/UpXNZ9n.png
by JWvL_software on 2015/08/18 04:03:37 AM    
Also right clicking and clicking anything can make the gui freeze.

Most of the time it unfreezes in just less than one minute but when copying a title from the title of the torrent and pasting it to the filename might unfreeze, but also take longer and the context menu will no longer display and/or the filename won't be updated.

Also sometimes doing an alt-tab and selecting another window and then going back to tixati may sometimes time unfreeze it.

Thank You,

JWvl
by Guest on 2015/08/19 09:31:50 AM    
Hi, I have the same problem.
I think it might be a memory leak.
I have a minimal linux virtualbox setup which only runs Tixati. It has 1 GiG of ram allocated and the ram and swap both, run at 99% after a while.
It freezes Tixati to a halt. So much I cant even ssh into the box. I use remote desktop via the host to get access and restart tixati and a VERY REGULAR basis.

Please advice
by Guest on 2015/08/19 03:00:02 PM    
Hi, thank you for this great tool.

I'm running 2.16 portable on Win8.1x64, upgraded from 2.12 portable.

I haven't yet noticed any GUI problems with 2.16 but 2.12 had some GUI issues, thought maybe some of the same code might still exist.

The issue on 2.12 was (using tabbed view, sortable view), the GUI would simply get stuck on a tab and the rest of the tabs or buttons would quit responding to a key press. For instance, if I clicked from Transfer to Home, DHT, Bandwidth, whatever, when clicking back to any of said tabs (buttons) - the keypress went unregognized and I was now stuck on that new tab (window). Tixati continued to download but to stop I would have to right-click and select Stop All Transfers - then close Tixati. Reopening would fix things. This behaviour was rare but reoccuring.

Thought I would mention it :)

Mike
by Guest on 2015/08/20 01:38:46 AM    
I have that same problem too.
I guess I'm not the only one having the same problems.

Win 10 user btw.
by Guest on 2015/08/20 01:41:07 AM    
I guess I'm not the only one having issue. The Gui keeps lagging, even if I cleaned/uninstalled all the files, deleted all the torrents, reinstall TIXATI.

Btw using Win 10 64-bit.
by Guest on 2015/08/20 05:36:49 AM    
I'm also having some issues with the client freezing though only for short durations, maybe 5 seconds once every 30 minutes/hour, not sure exactly.  It's been happening for a while in some earlier releases than 2.16 too though I'm not sure when exactly it started.

The client will freeze even if I'm not actively doing anything in it it seems, or may freeze if I scroll the userlist scrollbar in channels, or click over to transfers, or go to write text in the chat channel text entry field.  Ultimately I'm not sure that it's even these actions causing it or that the freezes just happen to occur during doing these things.  All control over the client is lost during these moments, even background transfer processes halt I think, too.

I did screenshot using the Process Monitor at one point which does show the drop at least: http://i.imgur.com/Ht6NCgu.png

Client is using 736 MB of system RAM currently - 1 active download, 134 actively seeding, 2 channels open (1 streaming).

The rest of the system seems fine during these freezes so it seems like it's Tixati-specific.
by Guest on 2015/08/24 09:34:12 PM    
Try killing the seeds and see what happens.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server