Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Moving Tixati from one computer to another?

by Guest on 2015/08/13 04:55:55 AM    
Hello,

I'm changing computers but I have a large queue that hasn't downloaded yet. I read that the torrent info is kept in memory. Is it possible to move the installation from one computer to another without disrupting the queue? I don't have the original .torrent files anymore.

Thanks!
by Guest on 2015/08/13 08:58:37 PM    
copy out the tixati folder to your new computer. the folder containing the .dat files.

or do an export. and then import back in.

copying the folder would be the safest and easiest way.
by Guest on 2015/08/14 02:50:16 PM    
Thank you for the answer. Where is the folder containing the .dat files? I looked in the programs folder, the folder I am downloading to, and the Documents folder. I'm running Windows 10 x64, although it was Win 7 x64 when I installed it.

Thanks!
by Pete on 2015/08/15 01:57:56 PM    
From another topic:
In your file explorer, go to the tixati appdata folder (type %appdata% at the top of your file explorer, or go to C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming, then find the tixati folder)
by Guest on 2015/08/16 04:31:37 AM    
Just something to make note of for anyone doing this. Exporting does not copy your custom Categories.

I used the export feature when setting Tixati(v2.12?) up on a second computer a month or two ago and was disappointed to see that all my custom Categories did not make the move. This of course may break other functions that depend on Categories such as Scheduling etc.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server