Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Questions on Queue Management

by Bugmagnet on 2015/08/10 04:42:37 AM    
Is the new queue management system supposed to moderate BW usage per torrent?

I severely reduced the number of slots to get some idea on how this works. I would often start over 1000 torrents with a pre-set seed limit of 1 or 2. Within hours I would be seeding 500-700.

I reduced slots to 10 and turned off Constant Seeding which I had used to evade the 200 slot limit of previous versions.

At first I noticed a rather even sharing of my UL BW capacity. Later I observed a single torrent was taking over 90%, leaving the other 9 in a starved state. As I would rather not have that happen, I am left pondering how to prevent it.

Currently the greedy torrent is on standby and the other 10 are again near equal, with the highest usage no more than 3 times the lowest, roughly a 4kB-12kB spread per torrent, flatlining my UL limit setting.

When I set that greedy torrent to Constant Seeding to bring it out of standby status, within 1 minute it was again consuming well over 90%+ of my available UL BW.
by Bugmagnet on 2015/08/16 10:11:33 PM    
at the risk of being seen as crazy for talking to myself...

I found part of the issue causing this behavior. While the 'greedy' torrent I observed was set to normal as indicated by the "Priority" column, it was in fact in a category for which I had set priority to something above normal. This was not reflected in the Priority column status so overlooked.

My suggestion here is to make the priority status reflect the greater of category or individual torrent priority settings (perhaps with a C as an indicator), or in the alternative to add a new column for category priority status. I'd suggest the latter since as I (perhaps erroneously) understand it, the program actually applies both priority settings cumulatively rather than simply using the highest.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server