Help and Support
Ask a question, report a problem, request a feature...
<<  Back To Forum

Mystery seed or peer

by Guest on 2013/09/17 12:16:59 PM    
I have noticed this quite a few times whether I am a peer or seed and there is only one other peer and no seeds.  They are getting more data from somewhere which is not visible to me.

Can someone enlighten me or point me in the direction to read up on this.

BTW: I notice many comments re problems being CPU, RAM heavy etc.  It runs like a dream and is low on CPU and RAM usage even when it has been open for a week.  The only slowdown I notice is when initialising a new file and the seeding grinds to a crawl until the initialise is complete and that is normally less than 30 seconds.  XP with 4 physical drives; Windows on one drive and data and scratch files on the rest.  Sometimes the UI is slow to respond but then Firefox becomes very slow as well and has to be closed and the cache cleaned.  Generally the PC will be re-booted once a week.

Thanks
Mel
by Pete on 2013/09/20 02:07:16 PM    
If the peer is not downloading anything from you, it may be a seed in super seed or initial seed mode.
by Guest on 2013/09/20 09:18:26 PM    
Thanks.

It is in cases where I seem to be the only seed or as peer with just one other peer visible.

They are getting more than I am giving.
by Guest on 2013/09/21 09:28:46 PM    
Quite normal.
If an uploader/seeder have decreased his connections to eg. 5 and there are 50 leechers, the 45 of them connect to, not the seeder but to the 5 that are connected to the seeder.
Yoor swarm isn't always their swarm.

This web site is powered by Super Simple Server